Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Is that in reference to my post? I didn’t see anyone else really referencing Thursday’s game.

If so, I wasn’t implying nor inferring negative to a loss at all, in fact it was the opposite, that if the Devils looked good in these 3 first games then it would be exciting for their outlook.
Oh no not at all, I knew your post wasn’t negative! I saw a few posts these last few days saying that it was just the Sabres and that the Leafs would show what the team is really made of.

Reactions: Devils731

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Our goalie tandem

511V4HA5RJL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was thinking this and then I realized Toronto is playing in Montreal the night prior, so there could/should be some fatigue. If NJ can survive the first 5-10 mins, they should be ok.

The Leafs are starting the season in Montreal? They’ll likely be cranky after they inexplicably lose there.

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I was thinking this and then I realized Toronto is playing in Montreal the night prior, so there could/should be some fatigue. If NJ can survive the first 5-10 mins, they should be ok.
survive the first 5-10 mins? are you nuts! this team should come out on fire and it should be the leafs trying to survive the first 5-10mins. it would be par for the course last year if this team came out flat and stumbled but that should not be the case and if it is? shame

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Hype train is leaving the f***ing station with a win on Thursday. It’s gonna be my first game since 22-23 and I could not be more pumped.

yeah i thought the same thing that building should be rocking coming back after a sweep in euro. i would be seriously shocked and disappointed if the team didn't play off that crowd and came out flat.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
yeah i thought the same thing that building should be rocking coming back after a sweep in euro. i would be seriously shocked and disappointed if the team didn't play off that crowd and came out flat.
I just wish we had a slightly weaker opponent for the home opener crowd. Toronto is going to be a top 3 team in the east this year and I don't think we've beaten them at home since like 2018.

They've won 7 straight (and 8 out of their last 9) in Newark.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just wish we had a slightly weaker opponent for the home opener crowd. Toronto is going to be a top 3 team in the east this year and I don't think we've beaten them at home since like 2018.

Toronto has beaten us 3 straight? I thought we beat them all 3 times we played them last year? Which was in like a 2 week span in March and/or April. I believe that's where 3 of the Travis Green era wins came.

If we didn't beat them three times, it was definitely two times.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Toronto has beaten us 3 straight? I thought we beat them all 3 times we played them last year? Which was in like a 2 week span in March and/or April. I believe that's where 3 of the Travis Green era wins came.

If we didn't beat them three times, it was definitely two times.

We beat them twice but both on the road. One was the Allen hero game and other was the Bratt hero game.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

honestly im glad its a tough team. if there was a scenario where the team comes out flat it would be against a crappy western conference team like say the ducks. sheldons former team? big conference contender? first home game? up 2-0? thurs night? they should absolutely come out jacked up. although if they do win and kinda easily people are right the hype train on this team would be off the charts not sure if thats good or bad.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
If we want to get negative then let’s talk about why Thursday’s game will be so difficult to win.

-Leafs familiarity with Keefe systems

This is a good point. If Keefe is a good coach though, it won't matter. He'll tweak things here and there and surprise them.

Clearly Ruff did not change a single thing, and the devils knew exactly how to beat them

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
A bit off topic, but can any remember the warm up songs from the 2012 playoff run.

I remember Zubrus was the DJ and it was heavily electronic focused. Levels by Avicii and one of the Hello remixes from Martin Solveig were definitely on there, but can anyone remember the others?

There used to be a playlist on Spotify somewhere but I haven’t been able to find it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad