Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
are you trying to say that allen is chico?
Im trying to say, wouldnt it be cool if this team had a young goalie to grow with?

Maybe down the line we can draft one

Heard this youngin' Jimmy Waite is all the rage. Maybe a few years after him Trevor Kidd

Just imagine we had a HOF goaltender...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Maybe someone caught this, I haven’t been keeping up, but I just discovered the official pre-season game Roster Reports have been off the rails.

You’ll notice under “Scratches” they start by listing a bunch of the teams’ prospects with the #0.

Most of these guys were never on the Training Camp roster.

I underlined the prospects that weren’t at this year’s Development Camp either, which make listing them an even weirder choice. (Zaitsev is 26, and was drafted in 2017, so he’s the weirdest one in that section.)

The cherry on top is the Devil “prospect” lower on the list who is assigned an imaginary number.

Go home NHL, you’re drunk.

Just for thoroughness (because I love me some thoroughness) I underlined some of the random Flyers listed too.

Ryan Ellis obviously isn’t a prospect but he’s also definitely not on Philly’s 2024 Training Camp roster because he played his last game in November 2021.

IMG_9598.jpeg

Last edited:

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Man, I just want to say, that 1st goal...that was classic Lindy Ruff defense. So glad, that garbage is not here anymore.

The d-man gets control of the puck. 3 of their guys fly the zone leaving him 0 options for an easy break out. He attempts to do the stretch pass and ofc it gets intercepted. How many times did this team suffer from that last year

edit: nvm, I don't think he was trying to make a stretch pass, just made a bad pass from the forecheck. But still doesn't change the fact he had no good options for a breakout

Where the heck is the rest of the team LOL

Last edited:

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He's had a Hall Of Fame NHL career but the thing we'll remember Jagr more for is this. :laugh:

The other one thing I really remember about Jagr as a devil was his faceoff goal that was like 2 seconds after someone won the faceoff (in the late game, I think).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The other one thing I really remember about Jagr as a devil was his faceoff goal that was like 2 seconds after someone won the faceoff (in the late game, I think).
He assisted on the one you're thinking of I believe. The one where he had Zidlicky move up and the puck went EXACTLY where he told him to go?

• Love
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He assisted on the one you're thinking of I believe. The one where he had Zidlicky move up and the puck went EXACTLY where he told him to go?

Lol, that was it. He had planned it out, I thought he was the goal scorer but I guess my brain forgot about zidlicky scoring it. Yeah they had a quick meetup and goal.

I remember Jagr was central in it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Maybe someone caught this, I haven’t been keeping up, but I just discovered the official pre-season game Roster Reports have been off the rails.

You’ll notice under “Scratches” they start by listing a bunch of the teams’ prospects with the #0.

Most of these guys were never on the Training Camp roster.

I underlined the prospects that weren’t at this year’s Development Camp either, which make listing them an even weirder choice. (Zaitsev is 26, and was drafted in 2017, so he’s the weirdest one in that section.)

The cherry on top is the Devil “prospect” lower on the list who is assigned an imaginary number.

Go home NHL, you’re drunk.

Just for thoroughness (because I love me some thoroughness) I underlined some of the random Flyers listed too.

Ryan Ellis obviously isn’t a prospect but he’s also definitely not on Philly’s 2024 Training Camp roster because he played his last game in November 2021.

View attachment 912607
There's at least half a dozen Flyers scratches that sound like names you'd find 10 seasons into Franchise Mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad