Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I still buy frozen pizza's. Typically wait for Newman's to go on sale and then buy a few. And then definitely enhance it with more sauce, cheese, pepper flakes, perhaps sautee up some veggie's, etc. Do the same with leftover pizza from a pizzeria, any other kind of leftovers, or just about anything that comes out of the fridge.
During the early part of the pandemic...when they told us to quarantine for two weeks, I think it was March 2020... For two months I tried every frozen pizza I could find. No exaggeration I probably had more than a dozen different brands and 20 or more different pizzas. And Miller Lite each time...

That's was mostly my diet for March and April 2020. I gained 20 pounds sitting at the computer, eating pizza and drinking beer all day.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I enjoyed the fact that liquor stores were considered "essential" during that early part of the pandemic.
It's comical, yet, if they closed them, people would not have been nearly as accepting of the lockdowns.

Interestingly non alcoholic drinks have taken off in the wake of all that.

Reactions: JimEIV

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
During the early part of the pandemic...when they told us to quarantine for two weeks, I think it was March 2020... For two months I tried every frozen pizza I could find. No exaggeration I probably had more than a dozen different brands and 20 or more different pizzas. And Miller Lite each time...

That's was mostly my diet for March and April 2020. I gained 20 pounds sitting at the computer, eating pizza and drinking beer all day.
Pizza and beer does seem to be a great way to pack on pounds.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It's comical, yet, if they closed them, people would not have been nearly as accepting of the lockdowns.

Interestingly non alcoholic drinks have taken off in the wake of all that.

I can't see the post this is responding to, probably for good reason, but it is unfortunately a health risk to severe alcoholics to deny them alcohol without treatment, and hospitals were a little busy with other things at the time.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
would you guys shut the f*** up about pizza? jesus lol
1726063148149.jpeg

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
You can always bring the entire board back together with a pizza discussion.

The beauty of this state is you can find incredible pizza just down the road in almost any town. And then when you go to the next town, you can probably find an even better slice than the last one.
I reside in the Hamilton/Robbinsville area of Mercer county. Lot's of places to get pizza. New Jersey is pizza Heaven! Took a chance at the Pizza while at Atlanta Motor speedway this past Sunday. Made on premises lage shore style slices. Guess what? f***ing Ellios in a triangle!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I reside in the Hamilton/Robbinsville area of Mercer county. Lot's of places to get pizza. New Jersey is pizza Heaven! Took a chance at the Pizza while at Atlanta Motor speedway this past Sunday. Made on premises lage shore style slices. Guess what? f***ing Ellios in a triangle!
Ive been in your neck of the woods at least once a week for the last 6 weeks at Cheyenne Mountain outfitters trying to find a bow and arrow combo for my crappy shoulder. That's how I tried De Lorenzo's for the first time last week.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I’m in the Hackettstown area, you can find some decent pizza options throughout the area. It’s pricey, but Mama Baci’s is such an incredible Italian spot that makes damn good pizza on top of it.

I almost don’t have a set spot, just because I feel you can get really good quality almost anywhere. I wish the Rock could finally improve pizza in the arena but I don’t think that’ll ever happen. :laugh:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Meanwhile my wife’s family is from Maine and they’re big into Greek pizza in that area. Some spots are OK, but it’s just not the same.

The best place they have are brothers from Brooklyn who moved up there and make it how it should be made. I refuse to go anywhere else for pizza while I’m up there.

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad