Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I used to go to the pizza places mostly for mussels. Man, I haven't had one those round tins of muddeldy in hot red sauce with loaf of Italian bread in a very long time.... probably since I left Paterson in 2000

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't know about the "safe neighborhood" part but everything else, yeah.

This cool too if you have a couple of minutes

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: njdevils1982

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
as long as you accept that "cheese pizza" is not pizza.

and who are the idiots at the schools on pizza day giving the kids the option of zero toppings. some educators, pfft.
Ah, the old rectangle of "pizza" with a little bit of tomato sauce and burnt cheese.

That was good up until high school when we could get cheesy garlic bread every day in the fried foods line.:laugh:

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Ah, the old rectangle of "pizza" with a little bit of tomato sauce and burnt cheese.

That was good up until high school when we could get cheesy garlic bread every day in the fried foods line.:laugh:

in high school us in the know would hit up the bakery at lunch and pick out a fresh bun and order some provolone by weight on top... mustard was free

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
in high school us in the know would hit up the bakery at lunch and pick out a fresh bun and order some provolone by weight on top... mustard was free
My friend growing up used get a loaf of Italian bread, a jar of those pickled pepperoncini peppers and pound block of provolone from my grandmother's store for lunch every day. He didn't make a sandwich, he eat each part individually like some kind of ghetto charcuterie board....

Might be the most bizarre lunch I've ever seen

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
My friend growing up used get a loaf of Italian bread, a jar of those pickled pepperoncini peppers and pound block of provolone from my grandmother's store for lunch every day. He didn't make a sandwich, he eat each part individually like some kind of ghetto charcuterie board....

Might be the most bizarre lunch I've ever seen

how many wheels did the bus he got on have?

and pepperoncini pepper juice is the key to making a copy of mr. submarine sauce...mmm

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
how many wheels did the bus he got on have?

and pepperoncini pepper juice is the key to making a copy of mr. submarine sauce...mmm
He was a little strange. Definitely not the brightest bulb but a wonderful human...Skinny, tall, tough mean bastard. He was a mason that had hands like rocks from laying block from 16 years old. Good man that left us too soon. That damn cancer is a mother f***er....but when it happens before you hit 50 that really sucks. Maybe 2 packs a day of Marlboro reds wasn't the best idea.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
He was a little strange. Definitely not the brightest bulb but a wonderful human...Skinny, tall, tough mean bastard. He was a mason that had hands like rocks from laying block from 16 years old. Good man that left us too soon. That damn cancer is a mother f***er....but when it happens before you hit 50 that really sucks. Maybe 2 packs a day of Marlboro reds wasn't the best idea.

shit, damn

still no cigarette since dec '19 for me

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
There are for sure many styles of pizza around the country, New Haven's "apizza" being one of them. But the pseudo-Italian "a-beetz" pronunciation is certainly cringe. I grew up with all of that Napolitano-influenced words and slang and now I realize almost nobody in Italy speaks Neapolitan anymore and would be shocked at these terms.

Reactions: My3Sons

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
I never had deep dish in Chicago....I would like to try it. I had deep dish and it's pretty good.... it's just not pizza. It's a casserole. There's a few things I want try in Chicago though like an Italian beef sandwich.
I get to Chicago a few times a month and the Italian beef sandwich is delicious. You can actually have Portillo's shipped and Lou Malnati's pizza as well. Believe it or not the packages are nearly as good as getting them in Chicago.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There are for sure many styles of pizza around the country, New Haven's "apizza" being one of them. But the pseudo-Italian "a-beetz" pronunciation is certainly cringe. I grew up with all of that Napolitano-influenced words and slang and now I realize almost nobody in Italy speaks Neapolitan anymore and would be shocked at these terms.
Meh...I keep hearing over and over "nobody in Italy..." Does that, says that, eats that...A 1/4 of their damn population left and end up right here.

Yeah nobody in Italy does that because they all left and ended up in New Jersey and New York.

Reactions: My3Sons

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Meh...I keep hearing over and over "nobody in Italy..." Does that, says that, eats that...A 1/4 of their damn population left and end up right here.

Yeah nobody in Italy does that because they all left and ended up in New Jersey and New York.

the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad