Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_5636.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the next GM (and soon, I might add) isnt Kate Madigan im burning down Prudential first. Dan MacKinnon is fine in the role he is in - if were going for more of a face and a people person, Kate obviously outranks Fitzgerald's stuttering ass there lol
I actually have this irrational fear that it will be Marty as the next GM. I don't ever wanna see that happen. He can go work for the Rangers or Islanders for all I care or be part of some new French connection or Quebecers tag team with Danny Briere over in Philly, as long as he isn't GM here lol.

I'm much more worried about him taking over than someone like Fletcher.

But I've also somewhat eased up on that anxiety, as we don't really have much of an indication that Marty even wants to be the GM. I'd have to think Kate and Dan are ahead of him, but Dan MacKinnon is a day one Shero/Fitz regime guy (I think?) so in a potential house cleaning, he could be completely turfed. Kate is not a Shero/Fitz regime OG, so she would likely stick around, unless someone else plucks her away first.

But I also don't think we're close to a GM change either, unless Fitz potentially gets the George McPhee/Joe Sakic bump, where he leaves the GM operations to someone else and stays on just as POHOPS only. If Fitz is the one making that hire to his own successor than I do think it will ultimately be one of those two assistants of his. And not Chuck or Marty. I think if Marty is ever the GM here then Fitz will be out of the organization altogether.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hughes was GM who drafted Reinbacher over Michkov because of contract, "character problems" etc. He still working on GM position. Stan Bowman is GM now. NHL is full of jokes. At least Fletcher isnt GM.
Atleast Stan Bowman won 3 Cups.
Hughs is new. If he leaves the Habs , then his next team in a mess than we can compare him to Fletcher.
Who else did they interview before deciding on Fletcher.....JFJ , Bergevin and Milbury? 🤣

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Team is having an open house on August 7th for new ticket sales. One of the things you can do when attending is photo with a banner, so maybe they already took it down for that day.

if so you would think they'd have taken the smaller version one from the practice rink instead

if the open house is the arena and ice area then why take it down and where will it be hung for photos?

:dunno:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Atleast Stan Bowman won 3 Cups.
Hughs is new. If he leaves the Habs , then his next team in a mess than we can compare him to Fletcher.
Who else did they interview before deciding on Fletcher.....JFJ , Bergevin and Milbury? 🤣
GMs hire guys they've worked with before as advisors all the time. Nobody has any clue how much influence they actually have. I doubt it's very much though. Probably not enough to actually give a shit about.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I actually have this irrational fear that it will be Marty as the next GM. I don't ever wanna see that happen. He can go work for the Rangers or Islanders for all I care or be part of some new French connection or Quebecers tag team with Danny Briere over in Philly, as long as he isn't GM here lol.

I'm much more worried about him taking over than someone like Fletcher.

But I've also somewhat eased up on that anxiety, as we don't really have much of an indication that Marty even wants to be the GM. I'd have to think Kate and Dan are ahead of him, but Dan MacKinnon is a day one Shero/Fitz regime guy (I think?) so in a potential house cleaning, he could be completely turfed. Kate is not a Shero/Fitz regime OG, so she would likely stick around, unless someone else plucks her away first.

But I also don't think we're close to a GM change either, unless Fitz potentially gets the George McPhee/Joe Sakic bump, where he leaves the GM operations to someone else and stays on just as POHOPS only. If Fitz is the one making that hire to his own successor than I do think it will ultimately be one of those two assistants of his. And not Chuck or Marty. I think if Marty is ever the GM here then Fitz will be out of the organization altogether.
We all know your irrational fear is NJ brings back Blackwood

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I find it hilarious that both Blackwood AND VV ended up with his second favorite team. It's like they're there just to haunt him.
I kind of called both. Well, I wished for it to happen to Vitek, I didn’t really predict it. I’d like to say I willed it into existence for Vitek.

I did say watch Blackwood end up on the Sharks just to continue to torture me.

And then last year I said I was hopeful that we could cap dump the final year of Vitek to San Jose. And it actually wound up happening.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
if so you would think they'd have taken the smaller version one from the practice rink instead

if the open house is the arena and ice area then why take it down and where will it be hung for photos?

:dunno:
IMG_4472.jpeg

In the past they’ve had them in the area where the ice will be. I think usually paired with a locker room walkthrough.

The ticket reps mingle and try to solicit upgrades and new sales from there.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I kind of called both. Well, I wished for it to happen to Vitek, I didn’t really predict it. I’d like to say I willed it into existence for Vitek.

I did say watch Blackwood end up on the Sharks just to continue to torture me.

And then last year I said I was hopeful that we could cap dump the final year of Vitek to San Jose. And it actually wound up happening.
SJ is your second favorite team?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3