Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Here’s the Devil’s forwards hits month by month, you can see Timo’s drop in November and then they’re back up in February.

You said 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks isn’t just March.

The last game was April 15, which means “3 weeks” is March 25th-April 15th.

Meier’s bounce back started before March 25th. You’re exaggerating here.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
We are always the ones with the gloves in our faces and we are never the one putting the glove in someone's face.

Can they award the Lady Byng to a team instead of an individual?

Let's see how they are under different leadership. Another year older too.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Last edited:

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Hard to predict who will be available during the season/trade deadline but an interesting top 6 wing option would be Vatrano from the Ducks.

Could be a good fit next to Hughes and Bratt, and allow Palat to be on the 3rd line (Tatar scratched).

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
you know when guys rack up hit totals? When their lines don’t have the f***ing puck.

Wonder if Brady’s hit totals have anything to do with his notoriously lackadaisical defensive play?

that reminds me... i need to text dano (again) and remind him that lackadaisical only has one S in the word

and speaking of defensive play... are we getting skinner yet?! :laugh:

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Save Nemec - trade Hischier

Still not sure why we signed long term and gave captaincy to a mediocre 3C

Though I would trade Nemec for Ben Lovejoy
oh god! the Nico 3C'ers! they're multiplying!

life-uh.gif

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
People that say he didn’t have a good series against the rangers and only state the lack of points…I honestly don’t think they watched the games.
I did. Many posters and myself were frustrated with his lack of production from what I remember. It's good to see the advanced stats were in his favor but having 0 points in 7 games is flat out not good. It's encouraging that advanced stats were on his side though.

He had 4 points in 5 games vs the Hurricanes. His advanced stats might not have been as good as the Rangers series but production is production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad