Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If Bratt and Jack are together then I also think a meat and potato guy is the type of player to put with them.

Obviously the more talented the guy the better but Jack is his most effective, imo, when he’s thinking shoot first. He can get himself to high scoring areas by himself and then shoots well enough to score. When they put a shooter like Toffoli with Jack then Jack started to defer to Toffoli and tried to set the shooter up; I don’t think that’s the most effective version of Jack.

I think the majority of people still think of Jack as a playmaker but I think he’s at his best as a medium to high quality volume scorer. I don’t need him adding an extra step to a play to try and have someone else score when he can score on the current step.

For me, having a meat and potato guy that wins pucks to get Hughes more touches but doesn’t require the puck fed back to them may be the best synergy for the line.
That's exactly what I've been saying, although I was thinking Palat as that guy.

You want to watch how they are performing on the ice?

How about karts races?

I feel like some of them aren't old enough to drive.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If Bratt and Jack are together then I also think a meat and potato guy is the type of player to put with them.

Obviously the more talented the guy the better but Jack is his most effective, imo, when he’s thinking shoot first. He can get himself to high scoring areas by himself and then shoots well enough to score. When they put a shooter like Toffoli with Jack then Jack started to defer to Toffoli and tried to set the shooter up; I don’t think that’s the most effective version of Jack.

I think the majority of people still think of Jack as a playmaker but I think he’s at his best as a medium to high quality volume scorer. I don’t need him adding an extra step to a play to try and have someone else score when he can score on the current step.

For me, having a meat and potato guy that wins pucks to get Hughes more touches but doesn’t require the puck fed back to them may be the best synergy for the line.

Yeah I've been saying for 2 years now while he's obviously a dual threat he's better as a scorer first

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
20240703_104017.jpg

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
How do these camps work with the NCAA guys now that they can start getting paid?
🎶(modern rap beat)
“Um, yeah, um, yeah…
Went to camp before I started making millions…
Surprised my face when I saw Bahl in the building,
NIL got me feeling richy and I smell the vapors,
Making cash, in the bank before I put pen to paper”
🎶

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Short press conference. Didn't hear anyone confirm with Fitz if he is actually done or not, but I guess its implied. Was hoping someone would ask him if he was looking to bring in another depth center given the dearth of options we have.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I have no idea but that's an interesting question
I don’t think it changes anything

NCAA players can get endorsements with companies. I don’t think they get actual performance contracts

Edit: does anyone know how to disable the refresh because this website refreshes way to much for having such lackluster servers lol

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Short press conference. Didn't hear anyone confirm with Fitz if he is actually done or not, but I guess its implied. Was hoping someone would ask him if he was looking to bring in another depth center given the dearth of options we have.

Someone did ask if he was done with the open market, and he said yes. He did mention he feels that with where they feel Dawson's contract will fall (and Foote also) that they will be left with flexibility to maybe make moves down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad