Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Haven't been to Vegas in years but I'm dying to get back and that March game seems pretty doable too. We've played them 3 straight years around the deadline I think, pretty sure we played them in March in 17-18 too.

I went to that March 2018 game which was an unexpected Devils blowout win. My buddy coincidentally was in town for March Madness so that kinda worked out.

Looks like this year's game would be a couple weeks before the NCAA tournament which is good news with regards to hotel prices.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Yeah I don't even want to know why that's Luke's nickname LMAO

There’s a Canucks video of Quinn at their beach house or something, I forget. But they have a scoreboard by their pool table (or ping pong? I forget) and says they keep a running tally of everyone that plays. Pointed to Rusty and said thats Luke and that all the Devils guys call him that because he’s always eating like the character in Ocean’s 11

Edit: here it is

I forgot Luke is actually in basically the video the whole time too

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i get most want to see all teams play 1x but man its just such a buzzkill to eat up so many games out of conference when the playoffs are division based. only 4 games against the rangers then some other games against division teams we get 3? just so lame its 2024 i can watch anyone from the western conference just as easily as seeing them in the building 1x a year on a random week night in the middle of winter.

last 11 games of the season? sure why not stick out a western conference road trip and play 5 of the 11 against western conference teams in the middle of a playoff race.

the nhl being so division heavy on the playoffs really should try and be creative with more divisional games AND most importantly dont just randomly throw the games all across the schedule try and string them together. just block one month of strictly divisional play? i dunno just something before people say well teams share arenas and such i get it its not easy but there has to be a way. would make for far better tv interest

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
6 of the final 7 games of the season are at home with a 4 day break baked in and only travel up to Boston. Team should at least be well rested heading into the playoffs or make a late run if needed.

3 road games in 4 nights (Chicago, Winnipeg & Minnesota) at the end of March probably won't be fun.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Also counted 12 back to back games. At least it's less than last season but they absolutely have to be better during these

Damn, April is all home games minus 1..... lets go!

And the 1 road game is Boston so they basically have 0 travel that month.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That road and road against the Panthers is weird. Do I make that drive twice in 3 days? Or once and miss 3 days of work? I have a friend that’s about an 80-90 minute drive from there that goes to games with me.

I have another one too, but he’s gonna be out of the country for a lot of November. Bummer.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

IMG_7006.jpeg

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That road and road against the Panthers is weird. Do I make that drive twice in 3 days? Or once and miss 3 days of work? I have a friend that’s about an 80-90 minute drive from there that goes to games with me.

I have another one too, but he’s gonna be out of the country for a lot of November. Bummer.

How far is the drive for ya?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Woot schedule release........pardon the stream of consciousness, but I'm hoping the western road trip might be conducive for me.

Darn, Anaheim/LA are midweek which is a headache. San Jose is a Saturday 1pm game. A couple years ago I flew up for a 1pm game, met up with a college friend for dinner, and flew right back down.

Utah is on a Saturday, I guess I'll wait and see how bad ticket prices are. I've never been to SLC before. They play in Vegas the next day, so many I'll just do Vegas instead even though it'll be the second game of a back-to-back.

Hah I can't read. I was so focused on the day of the week that I didn't realize that the game at Anaheim is New Year's Eve and the one in LA is New Year's Day. I could most definitely do those.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If I'm Nolan Foote this summer, I'm calling Gary Roberts and seeing if he can train me the whole offseason.

Dude has a mega opportunity to grab a roster spot. At the moment at least....
I think for Foote it's going to hinge on his back. If it's cooked he probably is as well. If it's genuinely better he can probably up virtually all aspects of his game.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i get most want to see all teams play 1x but man its just such a buzzkill to eat up so many games out of conference when the playoffs are division based. only 4 games against the rangers then some other games against division teams we get 3? just so lame its 2024 i can watch anyone from the western conference just as easily as seeing them in the building 1x a year on a random week night in the middle of winter.

last 11 games of the season? sure why not stick out a western conference road trip and play 5 of the 11 against western conference teams in the middle of a playoff race.

the nhl being so division heavy on the playoffs really should try and be creative with more divisional games AND most importantly dont just randomly throw the games all across the schedule try and string them together. just block one month of strictly divisional play? i dunno just something before people say well teams share arenas and such i get it its not easy but there has to be a way. would make for far better tv interest

I'm with you on this. To me we should play 1 western conference division on the road and then the other at home and then you reverse it the next season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How far is the drive for ya?
About 3.5-4 hours to Sunrise.

Only 40-45 minutes to Tampa though, unless it's a weeknight. A weeknight makes that drive considerably longer with all the traffic, even though most of it is heading back my way and coming out of Tampa at the end of the work day. I'm glad the Tampa game is on a Saturday. Both games there last year (Which were like 2 or 3 weeks apart) were on a Saturday and the year before that when Bratt had the hat trick the game was on a Sunday.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
About 3.5-4 hours to Sunrise.

Only 40-45 minutes to Tampa though, unless it's a weeknight. A weeknight makes that drive considerably longer with all the traffic, even though most of it is heading back my way and coming out of Tampa at the end of the work day. I'm glad the Tampa game is on a Saturday. Both games there last year (Which were like 2 or 3 weeks apart) were on a Saturday and the year before that when Bratt had the hat trick the game was on a Sunday.
It won’t be the same without you sharing video of heckling Blackwood in person. That was Kubrick level stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad