Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Very happy that's there's only 1 set of back to back home games. Haven't looked through the whole thing yet but it's shit when the Red Bulls and Devils play home games at the same time. There's more crossover there than they think so I'll have to sell or use a buyback for October 19th vs Washington.

Also very happy that there looks to be only 3 Saturday afternoon games which I hate and won't attend.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'd MUCH rather have Mercer. No doubt I think he is just a better player in every respect. But I do not think it's fair to say Mercer had a bad year because of who he played with and then not apply that same logic to Holtz.
I am saying that the numbers for both of them are more of an indication of deployment and linemates.

We see this kind of thing all the time on really bad bad teams...no matter how bad the player is, keep putting them out there and they'll get some sort of result.

Lazar had a career year too.... he's not good. Sort the team by points Haula, Palat, Mercer, Holtz and Lazar are in order... that's deployment not talent.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Looking again why are we playing the Rangers on December 23rd at 1pm? It's the day before Christmas Eve? Makes no sense. People generally aren't off that day.

Reactions: My3Sons

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Woot schedule release........pardon the stream of consciousness, but I'm hoping the western road trip might be conducive for me.

Darn, Anaheim/LA are midweek which is a headache. San Jose is a Saturday 1pm game. A couple years ago I flew up for a 1pm game, met up with a college friend for dinner, and flew right back down.

Utah is on a Saturday, I guess I'll wait and see how bad ticket prices are. I've never been to SLC before. They play in Vegas the next day, so many I'll just do Vegas instead even though it'll be the second game of a back-to-back.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Woot schedule release........pardon the stream of consciousness, but I'm hoping the western road trip might be conducive for me.

Darn, Anaheim/LA are midweek which is a headache. San Jose is a Saturday 1pm game. A couple years ago I flew up for a 1pm game, met up with a college friend for dinner, and flew right back down.

Utah is on a Saturday, I guess I'll wait and see how bad ticket prices are. I've never been to SLC before. They play in Vegas the next day, so many I'll just do Vegas instead even though it'll be the second game of a back-to-back.

Haven't been to Vegas in years but I'm dying to get back and that March game seems pretty doable too. We've played them 3 straight years around the deadline I think, pretty sure we played them in March in 17-18 too.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
i'm sure fitz will add some middling type "top 6" guy but honestly the offense is fine and will be fine as long as jack is healthy. fitz most important job was goaltending and defense both will be yuuuuuuuge improvements. if jack makes it all 82 games the offense will be just fine
I agree. Don’t get the complaints about the offense. Sure, who wouldn’t another prime top six wing, but I don’t have any concerns about the goals if they stay healthy.

Lazar has some great comedic instincts lol.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad