Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is “crucified” = not here any more?

You got to get over Boqvist. Did you love him this much when he was here?

Boston didn’t qualify him either.

Yeah, maybe that's a strong word. It's more we have dismissed players with greater value (in my opinion) as replaceable or worthless while continuing to think Foote will actually become something. What has he shown that makes us think that? I just don't get it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
One of the smoother cellys in the game.

giphy.webp

LMAO I forgot about this too.

nikita-gusev.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
A grade for Fitz...weird? We are not even 24 hours into Free Agency but let's call it over..

First there was a ton of money chasing Free Agents this year. So there was a ton of competition.

Second going into FA Tom's obvious priority was filling out the 2 open defense spots...but I don't think you can grade him on that alone...we needed forwards also.

So I think we should grade the Defense and the Forwards separately..

Defense he hit it out of park A+ 100%. Pesce, Dillion and Kovacevic...check every single box...size, a bit of grit, PK, defense...great job here.

Forwards: here it is obviously not as good as the defense work. We also have to consider the trade that brought Cotter I think. So we added Noesen after we traded for Cotter...two bottom 6 players with size, speed and a bit of sandpaper...from a bottom 6 POV it's ok...good even.

..Now top 6 we have an incomplete... nothing. We have give him an incomplete here...there is still plenty of potential for a trade but if we are grading just Free Agency we have to give him a 0%....so that would be a C+ for the bottom 6 and an F for the top 6...with numbers 77% and 0% for top 6. 38.5% for forwards an F.

Cumulative Defense and Forwards: 38.5% on forwards the zero hurts here and 100% on Defense is 69.2. on skaters in FA.

But we are going to give extra credit for going out and getting a goaltender prior to Free Agency. I think a 10 point extra credit is more than appropriate for getting the goaltender he obviously wanted since last year.

So now we're at 79.2%. C+/B- is the final grade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad