Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think he was trying to say earlier that Siegenthaler was never good. Our system or something made him look better and that’s why they didn’t pay him more because they knew he wasn’t good is what it was sounding like originally.
I kinda thought that he played pretty well and our system made him look awful last year. Broken foot didn't help

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Yeah other moves you could at least put forth a justifiable reason. We let Boqvist walk so he could go sign a f***ing minimum. It 100% had to be Fitz just going “tOo sMaLl”. He should’ve been retained and it also should’ve been Suter over Nosek.
Well it could be that he's just really not an NHLer. The Bruins are a good team who lost alot of good players but still didn't have room for this guy?

I mean if you like small tweener guys with just enough skill to look like they should be actually scoring goals but never do.

There's about twenty other guys we should bring in before him, and yeah...he plays small considering the rest of our team's lack of size. If it was Zetterlund then size doesn't matter bc of his engine.

The only reason boqvist gets any play at all in this board is bc he's was our draft pick and we overrate him like Holtz and Schmid.

Chandler Stephenson*
I thank you

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Getting Stamkos, in addition to everything else, would make this the most Rangers-esque off-season this franchise has ever had.

You know what though, it's kind of fun when people just want to join the squad. So many years in this league spent as an afterthought as a desirable location for players. It's cool when guys are like, "yep, going to Jersey"

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
You know what though, it's kind of fun when people just want to join the squad. So many years in this league spent as an afterthought as a desirable location for players. It's cool when guys are like, "yep, going to Jersey"
200.gif

Reactions: My3Sons and Forge

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Don't think its a great fit but would be kind of cool. Biggest problem with Stammer is he and Jack play the same spot on the PP, though I'm sure they could figure it out and move Bratt to PP2? Would be cool to see him pot #600 in a Devils jersey

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I dunno why but I think Stamkos either ends up with the Red Wings Maple Leafs Rangers or they figure something out with the Lightning. I’d be surprised if he signs anywhere but those places.

Interestingly enough that’s the first rumor I’ve seen for the Devils about any available forward.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
He had that sick 2013 with Detroit and I'm pretty sure he scored 2 goals opening night v the Isles and I was convinced he'd score 30. Him and Jiri Tlusty will forever be the worst first Devils goal scorers of the season I think I'll see in my life time.

EDIT: I found both goals.....:laugh:

(LOL @ Chico)

(1:34 if it resets)

God help us all for surviving this era of Devils hockey

I bring it up anytime he is mentioned again but I found a Damien Brunner player shirt on Amazon when he was on the team and bought it. I liked him a lot and thought he would be great for us. Boy was I wrong. Still had a couple of nice goals while he was here though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Don't think its a great fit but would be kind of cool. Biggest problem with Stammer is he and Jack play the same spot on the PP, though I'm sure they could figure it out and move Bratt to PP2? Would be cool to see him pot #600 in a Devils jersey
Jack should be on the opposite wall anyway since he actually has a functional 1-timer. Dougie at the point, Stamkos at the left wall, Meier either in the bumper spot or net front, and then i think any one of us would be successful as the fifth player.

Reactions: Alex NJD

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Getting Stamkos, in addition to everything else, would make this the most Rangers-esque off-season this franchise has ever had.
It would be one of Stamkos or Pesce. I doubt we can afford both.

Note i'm totally fine in not signing Pesce if it means that Stamkos signs. Nemec can handle playing 2RD and Kovacevic is fine as a 3RD.

Reactions: Hisch13r and Zacha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad