Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I’d want something like Henrique, Boqvist, Lizotte. Throw Henrique with Hughes-Bratt. Good finisher and decent defensive presence who can also take some faceoffs for Jack. Palat-Haula-Boqvist was really good together a couple years ago. Lizotte as the 4C to get Lazar back where he belongs as a 4th line wing. I think something like this could be feasible even with the limited cap room.
giphy.gif

Yes I know it says "tyring" instead of trying lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Stamkos is on the decline. There’s a reason that the Lightning don’t want to commit to him.

Hard pass on the term/AAV his next deal comes with. There’s more intriguing options in free agency in my opinion.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Stamkos is on the decline. There’s a reason that the Lightning don’t want to commit to him.

Hard pass on the term/AAV his next deal comes with. There’s more intriguing options in free agency in my opinion.

I mean.... the dude scored 40 goals this season. So wouldn't a decline be like 30 goals haha.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I, the smartest guy on planet earth, do not work Mondays. Sunday scaries no more. Four tens Tuesday thru Friday FTMFW.
If we can get rainmaker, the thread should be popping off. Maybe invite raiders are one. The devils thread is basically the NHL thread lol

Someone from VGK said he actually had a lot of top 6 minutes. Im sure if you look at his common linemates they are bottom 6 guys. But thats what someone posted somwhere on this forum.
His most common linemate 5 on 5 was wild Bill. Can't remember who was 2

Reactions: beekay414

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Meier-Hischier-Bratt
Palat-Hughes-Stamkos
Cotter-Haula-Mercer
Foote-Lazar-Bastian

3 years for Stamkos and Mercer.

eh....I mean I wouldn't hate it...Stamkos and Mercer would have to take discounts though
Way too top heavy for my liking.

Personally, I think this team needs at least two more forwards. One capable of playing in the top-nine and a quality bottom six option.

By my math, we have 19 million left. 6 million to Pesce, 3 million to Dillon or similar, and 3.5 million to Mercer would leave us with around 6.5 million to sign two forwards.

There’s two options there. Either the Devils can target two middle-six forwards for around 3 million each. Or they could target a top-six forward for around 5 and a bottom-six forward for around a million and change. For instance, Henrique and Trenin vs Arvidsson and Stenlund/Boqvist.

I mean.... the dude scored 40 goals this season. So wouldn't a decline be like 30 goals haha.
The decline is more so when looking at his overall impact analytically.

It’s definitely a sign he’s regressing a bit, even though he is admittedly still a quality goal scorer. Not really the type of player I’d want to tie up 5-6 million AAV for 3-4 years.

Reactions: Hisch13r

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Way too top heavy for my liking.

Personally, I think this team needs at least two more forwards. One capable of playing in the top-nine and a quality bottom six option.

By my math, we have 19 million left. 6 million to Pesce, 3 million to Dillon or similar, and 3.5 million to Mercer would leave us with around 6.5 million to sign two forwards.

There’s two options there. Either the Devils can target two middle-six forwards for around 3 million each. Or they could target a top-six forward for around 5 and a bottom-six forward for around a million and change. For instance, Henrique and Trenin vs Arvidsson and Stenlund/Boqvist.

The decline is more so when looking at his overall impact analytically.

It’s definitely a sign he’s regressing a bit, even though he is admittedly still a quality goal scorer.

Henrique and Trenin would be so awesome, also hoping the Pesce number is a little lower than 6M AAV but it won't be that much anyway

Reactions: Hisch13r

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
lol I convinced myself that Damien Brunner was gonna be a stud here. He's only 38 now. Bring him back!

He had that sick 2013 with Detroit and I'm pretty sure he scored 2 goals opening night v the Isles and I was convinced he'd score 30. Him and Jiri Tlusty will forever be the worst first Devils goal scorers of the season I think I'll see in my life time.

EDIT: I found both goals.....:laugh:

(LOL @ Chico)

(1:34 if it resets)

God help us all for surviving this era of Devils hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: