Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I believe I saw that today's development camp activity is entirely off-ice, I'm sure when they start the on-ice portion tomorrow, there will be a roster posted.

A lot of teams do it right after the draft, I think part of the reason is so that players who attended the draft don't have to go home afterwards and then return in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Bad Goalie

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
This is the lineup I came up with last night....

Bratt ($7.875)-Hischier ($7.25)-Meier ($8.8)
Colton ($4) - Hughes ($8)- Mercer ($4)
Palat ($6)- Haula ($3.15)- Amadio ($3)
Cotter ($0.775)- Lazar ($1) - Foote ($0.8)
MacDermid ($1.15), Bastian ($1.35)

Luke ($0.925)- Pesce ($6)
Siegenthaler ($3.4) - Hamilton ($9)
Dillon ($3) - Nemec ($0.918)
Desimone ($0.775)

Markstrom ($4.125)
Allen ($1.925)

Kovalchuk re-capture ($0.25)

Trade one of the 2nds for Colton. This leaves ~$600k in cap space if the math is right. Could also just waive Bastian and sign Raddysh for that 4th line spot instead.
You can’t just waive. You’d have to buy him out and still pay a bit. Don’t think that’s worth doing and he’s well liked guy in the locker room.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
This is the lineup I came up with last night....

Bratt ($7.875)-Hischier ($7.25)-Meier ($8.8)
Colton ($4) - Hughes ($8)- Mercer ($4)
Palat ($6)- Haula ($3.15)- Amadio ($3)
Cotter ($0.775)- Lazar ($1) - Foote ($0.8)
MacDermid ($1.15), Bastian ($1.35)

Luke ($0.925)- Pesce ($6)
Siegenthaler ($3.4) - Hamilton ($9)
Dillon ($3) - Nemec ($0.918)
Desimone ($0.775)

Markstrom ($4.125)
Allen ($1.925)

Kovalchuk re-capture ($0.25)

Trade one of the 2nds for Colton. This leaves ~$600k in cap space if the math is right. Could also just waive Bastian and sign Raddysh for that 4th line spot instead.
We brought in Cotter to play in the top 9

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Holy crap its also shorter the normal, earlier then normal and I havent seen anything about it.

I guess they decided not to make it as big of a deal as they have in the past.
Thanx for the effort.

I thought today was the first day of development camp? I’ve seen nothing about it today, nor the roster for it. But they announced last week that it was the 30th-3rd.
Correct. That's why I have been going crazy trying to find the roster.

Reactions: Bleedred

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
While with the Lightning Colton literally mentioned how one day he hopes he can be with the Devils (childhood team), so I have no fear of him blocking a trade. It’s just if the Avalanche decide to trade him.
I'd love to see the Devils make an aggressive play to get him. He really fits what Fitz wants to do. He would be a terrific addition.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'd love to see the Devils make an aggressive play to get him. He really fits what Fitz wants to do. He would be a terrific addition.
IMG_1943.jpeg

Should have enough draft capital to make it happen if they’re interested. Not sure we’re in on him though.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Stillman okay, but I wouldn't dump Misyul. He's coming along just fine.
It’s not a dump. It would be giving up something to get a player we want.

View attachment 890035

Should have enough draft capital to make it happen if they’re interested. Not sure we’re in on him though.
Those 3 seconds are nice to have. Can‘t trade ours and could lose it if Allen plays 40+ games next year. But the other 2 make up a little bit for the lost first rounder assuming it’s not early.

Reactions: beekay414

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I believe I saw that today's development camp activity is entirely off-ice, I'm sure when they start the on-ice portion tomorrow, there will be a roster posted.

A lot of teams do it right after the draft, I think part of the reason is so that players who attended the draft don't have to go home afterwards and then return in 2 weeks.
I hope that's the case. I've stopped hunting and am just waiting for the roster to pop up.

It’s not a dump. It would be giving up something to get a player we want.

Those 3 seconds are nice to have. Can‘t trade ours and could lose it if Allen plays 40+ games next year. But the other 2 make up a little bit for the lost first rounder assuming it’s not early.
Excuse the word, but I think Mis will be a player the Devils just might want to keep developing.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I cannot believe that the bottom 6 might actually be worse next year than this years disaster bottom 6 was. Better pray that big 4 stays healthy the entire year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I cannot believe that the bottom 6 might actually be worse next year than this years disaster bottom 6 was. Better pray that big 4 stays healthy the entire year.

lol what?

and as has been discussed many times, its really a top 9 and a 4th line anymore. A 4th line of Cotter-Lazar-Raddysh (as an example) would be way better than what we had last year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure about that, but we probably won't have a 4th line most nights, since we signed goon man to a 3 year deal and I'm sure he's gonna play A LOT more than people think he is.

I remember Lou signed Ross Johnston to a 4 year deal and we were all like ''Hahahahahaha! Good thing we'll never be like them and sign some goon or any 4th liner to a 4 year deal!''.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Given there are a bunch of potential bottom 6 forwards available in free agency, shouldn't we see how it all shakes out over the next week or so before we come to that conclusion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad