Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
The question I ask regarding Lebanc is, who is our 13th forward? Foote? MacDermid? Halonen? Is Lebanc a better 13th forward than these players?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The question I ask regarding Lebanc is, who is our 13th forward? Foote? MacDermid? Halonen? Is Lebanc a better 13th forward than these players?
he may not be better than halonen but lebanc may not be willing to play in the ahl. it’ll be interesting to see how fitz handles it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Has there even been an official roster announcement before Friday-Saturday, or at least a list of who's over there?

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Can this team ever be f***ing transparent with injuries ?

Hughes was 4-6 weeks about 2 weeks ago and now he’s still 5-7 ?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Can this team ever be f***ing transparent with injuries ?

Hughes was 4-6 weeks about 2 weeks ago and now he’s still 5-7 ?

How can one put this?

1727887739437.png

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Why is that the case? I’ve seen a number of fans generally down on him but I haven’t really seen an explanation what he does badly. He’s a fourth liner with limited expectations. I know that his shoulder injury seems to have taken away his willingness to fight but that was never a major part of his game. Is he blowing defensive zone coverages? Can he not make a pass? Does he shy away from necessary physical contact and thereby lose pucks? To my eyes he seems pretty vanilla but not someone that I worry about on the ice for the average shift.

I don't think he does anything particularly wrong either, but I think it's the "somehow we can do better".. for me at least. I'll keep Bastian around sure, but I can easily argue with myself that there a couple guys that could replace him in the waiting.

(Not foote).

Maybe it's all pining for some mythical perfect 4th line player with a bit more skill to go with that grind.

Cotter seems like a guy that would be closer to that kind. Find another Cotter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad