Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
With Hughes, Pesce, and now potentially Hatakka all hurt, I think Casey may make the team out of camp. With his skating and puck skills I see no reason why he couldn't play on his offside:

Siegs - Hamilton
Dillon - Nemec
Casey - Kovacevic
DeSimone

Could give him a real chance to prove to Keefe that he makes the team better right now.

I am wondering if we see Casey again tonight.

If last night is any indication, I think Nemec may be at risk of losing his spot to Casey. By the end of the game, Casey had been promoted into Nemec's spot on the top pair, and was better than Simon in all three zones.

I was really hoping to see an improvement in Simon's explosiveness and agility this year, but he looked pretty sluggish last night, both mentally and physically. Hopefully he is fighting off an illness or recovering from injury.

The lack of pop and explosiveness is both of their biggest weaknesses

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With Hughes, Pesce, and now potentially Hatakka all hurt, I think Casey may make the team out of camp. With his skating and puck skills I see no reason why he couldn't play on his offside:

Siegs - Hamilton
Dillon - Nemec
Casey - Kovacevic
DeSimone

Could give him a real chance to prove to Keefe that he makes the team better right now.

I am wondering if we see Casey again tonight.

If last night is any indication, I think Nemec may be at risk of losing his spot to Casey. By the end of the game, Casey had been promoted into Nemec's spot on the top pair, and was better than Simon in all three zones.

I was really hoping to see an improvement in Simon's explosiveness and agility this year, but he looked pretty sluggish last night, both mentally and physically. Hopefully he is fighting off an illness or recovering from injury.
I'd give Misyul the first crack at the left D spot behind Hatakka. I have to presume that Nemec was just ramping up after recovering from that shoulder injury in the Olympic qualifier. He certainly looked like he wasn't that into the game. He's a smarter player than letting an opponent sit absolutely wide open next to the goalie and why isn't Daws yelling at Nemec to cover that guy? Just a bad play all around. Casey had a better game than Nemec and Kovacevic.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

I’m all for Casey getting a shot but I highly doubt Nemec won’t start with the team. He’s very good and he was very good last year.

Also, it was his first preseason game coming back from injury. Might need some time to get back to his normal beat. That’s not unheard of or abnormal. Seems like a hasty conclusion to make after 1 preseason game, in which he wasn’t even bad in my opinion. He had a solid game except for the mistake on the goal. I’d like to think Nemec’s body of work last season would hold more weight in how we perceive the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
So do people, who haven't worked at a gas station, know how to pump their own gas? Or would you be lost in a place didn't have gas station attendants? I'm so intrigued
I would guess more than half of NJ drivers know how to pump gas because they’ve traveled out of state before.

If they haven’t traveled out of state then they have no need to know.

NJ isn’t going to apologize for pampering ourselves. (although if a station is busy, I do wish I could just hop out and pump)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I would guess more than half of NJ drivers know how to pump gas because they’ve traveled out of state before.

If they haven’t traveled out of state then they have no need to know.

NJ isn’t going to apologize for pampering ourselves. (although if a station is busy, I do wish I could just hop out and pump)
If you’ve ever traveled and rented a car you’ve almost certainly pumped your own gas unless you wanted to pay the extortion rate the rental company charges to refill your gas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad