Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Squires is very good.
I didnt saw Filmon at all, I dont know is he playing or just do nothing, Stillman is active but making mistakes. Melovsky is looking like a player who is doing everything fine but nothing flashy 0 we just need to see how he will translate his game on a new level. Casey doesnt look solid, I believe he is nervous and trying to do more, dont hurry, man, we believe in you.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Squires is very good.
I didnt saw Filmon at all, I dont know is he playing or just do nothing, Stillman is active but making mistakes. Melovsky is looking like a player who is doing everything fine but nothing flashy 0 we just need to see how he will translate his game on a new level. Casey doesnt look solid, I believe he is nervous and trying to do more, dont hurry, man, we believe in you.

Filmon is out injured unfortunately.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Does Erika's new gig have her working more daytime hours and less nights/weekend? Just asking because with a little kid at daycare all day then you have to work and get home well after they're asleep you miss a lot of time in the precious early years and knowing firsthand with a wife that travels a lot and has 2 younger kids that can be gut wrenching for a professional mom to make that sacrifice.

That combined with an increase in salary might have been the story in a nutshell but just a hunch.
It did not sound like her decision in the video goodbye she posted when she said MSG had decided not to renew her contract and go in a different direction

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Squires climbing the prospect ranks?

of course he should in theory. In fact guys over him are playing on levels above.
May be we should think about put him above Karpovich. Its only start of the second year after the draft but technically he isnt regular KHLer yet. I dont know how we can compare Squires and Malek - both looked fine from the stat level for their stages, both are not really impressive, nor bad. I would still prefer to rank goalies separately. Am... thats all. Orlov is playing third pair role after season with 62 KHL games, Misyul was very solid as defensive defenseman and has tonns of experience, Yegorov is really talented goalie - still would prefer to have them in different pools, Vilen at least produced on a much more impressive rate than Squiers, still have better tools for his role. Hatakka - he is close to be NHLer.
So may be one-two steps forward in rankings.
Filmon is out injured unfortunately.
Thanks a lot. Its sad. I was not impressive from what I saw previous season in my limited views, wanted to see him after the summer. Hope he will return at least for preseason games.

Reactions: My3Sons

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Still time left before the season to re-poll 👀
@Nubmer6 would be like.

i-am-going-to-kill-you-sign-language.gif

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Preseason passing from the Devils? Nope. Lively accurate passing, good shooting and those Casey zone entries...whew... It might be that Ottawa decided to have a kegger last night.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What I really like Chase has is his motor. If he will clear his positionals he has potential.

Casey is looking better in the second. Most of his deep driving will not work on NHL level but at least he can enter into the O zone.

Well I’d hope you like that considering it’s the only thing he has.

• Haha
Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
But Wendt has wheels too. I think who will be more accurate and can play pk - will have more chance.

Well I’d hope you like that considering it’s the only thing he has.
He isnt top-20 Devils prospect in my view. When I see rankings of different writers who is putting him in the top-5 or even top-10 of Devils prospects - is telling me a lot about writers.

But at least I can admit Chase is physical and his hands are near NHL average. The question is his decision making and positional game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad