Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Season is long and Luke+Simon are young - the boys will be fine

The depth this year compared to last will shine. Unless we lose half the roster at once again, I dont foresee injuries sinking us.

Individual seasons will be lost but not the team's

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I've fallen to my knees in a Charlie Brown's Steakhouse.
IMG_2651.jpeg

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Just classic Fitz. First you sandbag Mercer and now you injure Luke. Gotta keep the cost down somehow I suppose.
Ownership bought an NFL team - wont be long until were on the clearance rack

Save some dollars and then sell us to a private equity firm disguised as an individual

Reactions: mdj12784

Camille the Eel

Nemec’s injury happened two weeks ago. Maybe he misses a few games, but he’ll probably be back before. He was rehabbing his shoulder just last week.
I have not heard or read anything expressly updating Nemec’s situation since he returned here and they said he would have tests and get it assessed. So unless I’m missing something really we still don’t know. And that goes now for Luke too. We’ve had optimistic takes before that haven’t panned out so maybe it’s best to suspend judgment.

The only silver lining I can quickly see is that it makes it easier to reincorporate Hamilton as the number 1 and also that, if we can learn to win and get off to a good start using new defensive and team system play under the new coach, the two youngsters coming back will be so much gravy added to the roast. I can see this working out well should things break that way. Win as a team on D or don’t.

A challenge for the new staff to be sure.

Reactions: HBK27 and mdj12784

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ownership bought an NFL team - wont be long until were on the clearance rack

Save some dollars and then sell us to a private equity firm disguised as an individual
Their business model is collecting franchises. Thr Devils were bought cheap and look good on the balance sheet I’m guessing. With the cap the costs are relatively flat and the arena is theirs. I expect it’s free money for them. Never say never but it would surprise me if they sell. I think Blitzer really likes owning the team even if Harris is neutral.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Their business model is collecting franchises. Thr Devils were bought cheap and look good on the balance sheet I’m guessing. With the cap the costs are relatively flat and the arena is theirs. I expect it’s free money for them. Never say never but it would surprise me if they sell. I think Blitzer really likes owning the team even if Harris is neutral.
I wasnt actually being serious, my sarcasm just sucks

Theyre trying to bring the 76ers to New Jersey; I dont think theyre going anywhere anytime soon

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I think I’m on team “ I Don’t Trust NJ’s Medical Staff” Timo played on no knees, Jack probably needed surgery the first two times. Nico’s concisions. Maybe Vetech, definitely Blackwood. I am surprised they didn’t make Dougie play.

On the plus side, there was a lot of depth added this summer. Add in the PTO’s and Casey, the Devils should be good.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't think this is a big deal really.

It isn't. For a team that has very high expectations this year, it's not a great start. But it's why guys like Kovacevic was brought in, and depth like Casey or Hatakka can come in handy.

Injuries happen but I think we have better depth this year to handle them. Except if Jack and/or Nico go down.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
This preseason camp is going to more important than most years. We really have alot of new pieces that came in that need to have good camps and get adapted to the new club. Markstrom , Pesce , Dillon etc....plus the Luke and possibly Nemec injury is going go almost guarantee one of Hatakka or DeSimone makes the team. We very well can lose 1 of the 2 after the roster cuts.

I keep forgetting we have Keefe as our new coach too. This should be a good challenge for him to take on with all the moves Fitzgerald made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad