Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
predicted-sopranos.gif

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Definitely sucks, but yeah, it’s not the end of the world. Hopefully Nemec is good to go though. We’re going to need him for PP2.
Still no update on Nemec ?

It only took barstool to be video recording at Michigan and Luke walking in the background with a sling to get an injury update.

I would be suprised if Nemec isn’t out just as long

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
We really can't catch a break with injuries lately. Regressing hard after our unusually healthy run two seasons ago.
It should really be time to evaluate what you are doing training/off season wise

Some of its bad luck etc but also some of it is preventative maintenance stuff. It could be that they are so young and don’t take it a as seriously as some of the veterans do

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Still no update on Nemec ?

It only took barstool to be video recording at Michigan and Luke walking in the background with a sling to get an injury update.

I would be suprised if Nemec isn’t out just as long
Nemec’s injury happened two weeks ago. Maybe he misses a few games, but he’ll probably be back before. He was rehabbing his shoulder just last week.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Who else is hurt doing training besides Luke?
This team has had more than their fair of shoulder injuries. Not specifically during training.

Luke
Jack x2
Timo
Nemec

Most shoulder injuries are attributed to lack of stability and mobility within the shoulder. The lack of focus on these issues likely leads to more shoulder issues in the future

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm a little shocked how long it's taken me to get my shoulder to just adequate. And by adequate I mean pain free.

I'm old so it doesn't compare, but man, I've been at this for 4 months with bursitis, impingement and some bicep tendon and rotator cuff issues. The last month and a half doing therapy 4 times a week....and I'm not nearly 100% maybe 80?

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I'm a little shocked how long it's taken me to get my shoulder to just adequate. And by adequate I mean pain free.

I'm old so it doesn't compare, but man, I've been at this for 4 months with bursitis, impingement and some bicep tendon and rotator cuff issues. The last month and a half doing therapy 4 times a week....and I'm not nearly 100% maybe 80?
Lack of blood flow to the tendons etc is why shoulders take so long to heal and once they go south you almost have to do double the work to correct the course of action.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This team has had more than their fair of shoulder injuries. Not specifically during training.

Luke
Jack x2
Timo
Nemec

Most shoulder injuries are attributed to lack of stability and mobility within the shoulder. The lack of focus on these issues likely leads to more shoulder issues in the future

You said training/off season issues though, most of those are in game situations

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Kovacevic is legitimately pretty good. He's no Nemec, but as long as Hamilton and Pesce are playing I'm not super worried about missing Nemec for a short while.

Luke hurts, though, he's by far the teams best LD and the replacement for him is a worse option than Kovacevic. Hatakka deserves some time, though, so it's not without a slight silver lining.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Kovacevic is legitimately pretty good. He's no Nemec, but as long as Hamilton and Pesce are playing I'm not super worried about missing Nemec for a short while.

Luke hurts, though, he's by far the teams best LD and the replacement for him is a worse option than Kovacevic. Hatakka deserves some time, though, so it's not without a slight silver lining.
Won’t be out too long as well, that’s good. Not ideal though.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Given recent history of injury reports I'm just going to assume he needs surgery. But they are going to force him back without getting it, he's going to reaggravate it, then he will get the surgery after additional damage is done.

Or maybe this is 7th dimension chess to open up cap space for a Mercer extension :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad