Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Pizza pizza pizza…

… nobody talks about how outside of NJ you can’t find a comparable cannolis or zeppoli!
That's another thing I haven't had in ages, zeppoli. I used stop at Pizza Town on rt 46 all the time for zeppoli. The entire driver's seat in my jeep was usually covered in powered sugar....I always worried that if I got pulled over an officer would think he got Tony Montana.

• Haha
Reactions: Ripshot 43

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I'm with you on Dougie. I do want to see Timo on PP1 though, as well. Not sure what the best deployment would be overall, but I would like to see Dougie back there. I'm sure Luke learned quite a bit last year manning it for the majority of the season, but he doesn't provide that unique weapon (yet) that Dougie does being back there. Not only does he shoot well from the point, he shoots hard and on target.

...unless, Luke has developed his shot this offseason, which I think he really needed to. He has a nasty wrist shot but getting shots off from the point was definitely something he needed to improve on

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That's another thing I haven't had in ages, zeppoli. I used stop at Pizza Town on rt 46 all the time for zeppoli. The entire driver's seat in my jeep was usually covered in powered sugar....I always worried that if I got pulled over an officer would think he got Tony Montana.
I just remember that white bag would be practically see through.

Reactions: JimEIV

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I barely know what a Cannoli is and A Zeppoli has to be made up, Unless Lead Zeppelin had a food named after them.
Zeppoli is similar to the dough of a donut but more airy. It’s fried into ball type shapes and covered in powdered sugar. Definitely a NJ childhood memory for me.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Jim's pizza in the pandemic (sounds like a band name) story sounds like me and ramen. I tried about every one I could find for about 6 months there. Mainly because it was cheap and easy and I'd rather just stress eat than stress cook lol

It's why I've become addicted to Buldak ramen. That stuff is delicious if you add some kewpie mayo and kimchi (another pandemic inspired addiction).

Reactions: JimEIV

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So, rookies are in camp and unlike several other NHL franchises (e.g. Boston and Washington), the Devils have not released a roster.

Come on, how hard is this?

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We had a place in Buffalo when I was in college called Zonies. They was only open 8pm-4am on Thurs/Fri/Sat, only did delivery, and only made calzones. They definitely knew their audience.

You haven't lived until you've come home from a college bar hammered on $3 shots of well liquor (bars in Buffalo close at 4 am if you didn't know), and buried your face into a hot, fresh, cheesey calzone. PREMIUM drunk food, absolutely elite college experience.

The normal serving size was a half a pound, but you could "pound it" for $1 and get a double portion. I would always get the chicken parm calzone, pounded, with extra ricotta and a double side of sauce.

They had a breakfast calzone with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and maple syrup on the side. They had desert calzones with cheesecake and various fruits. You could get anything in a calzone - cheeseburger, baked potato, enchilada, philly cheesesteak, fettucine alfredo, rueben, pesto. Anything you could ask for.

It's closed now but I ate a pounder almost every Saturday/Sunday my senior year. The only problem was staying awake and not falling asleep while waiting for delivery.

DP Dough was our equivalent in Ithaca (and probably for several other college towns, it's a chain). I don't think I've ever had it sober, but damn was it clutch when we were all drunk at 2 am.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
1726102271987.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad