Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar (1 year, $1.8 million)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Tuna is back! Always was a fan of him. Seems to be a well-liked guy amongst the team. He'll provide some nice depth. No issue here at all.

Bratt - Jack - Noesen
Tuna - Nico - Meier
Palat - Haula - Mercer
Cotter - Lazar - Bastian
Noesen is a bottom 6 forward. Tatar should be on the 3rd line to start as well. Agree with your 4th line.

Palat-Jack-Bratt
Meier-Nico-Mercer
Tatar-Haula-Noesen
Cotter Lazar-Bastian

Ideal world, you upgrade over Tatar during the season/trade deadline. We already know he doesn't show up during the playoffs.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The Tatar Bazaar re-opens tonight!

View attachment 891545
IMG_7017.jpeg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I’ll be very happy if Tatar turns in a great season. Odds of that happening are low though - and I’m not sure they’re much better than whoever we could have gotten on a PTO.

I don't know if you are noticing what is going on in UFA but this is not shaping up to be a year where good players are available on a PTO. There's a lot of cap space left in the league and not enough players to fill it.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I like the regular season depth. If he’s a top 6 guy going into the playoffs, we’ve got issues

You get someone at the trade deadline and take some of the pressure off him. I don’t personally believe that a guy is just plain “not good in the playoffs” I think if you find the right role for him and put the right players around him he’ll play well.

I really like this. It was so crappy the way the playoffs went and then not bringing him back after such a nice run in the regular season. He always wanted to come back and he was really upset when they cut him loose

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
You get someone at the trade deadline and take some of the pressure off him. I don’t personally believe that a guy is just plain “not good in the playoffs” I think if you find the right role for him and put the right players around him he’ll play well.

I really like this. It was so crappy the way the playoffs went and then not bringing him back after such a nice run in the regular season. He always wanted to come back and he was really upset when they cut him loose
He has regularly not shown up in the playoffs. Playoffs is a different beast and the game becomes more physical and tighter checking.

Tatar doesn't do well then. Neither does a player like Marner.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He has regularly not shown up in the playoffs. Playoffs is a different beast and the game becomes more physical and tighter checking.

The odd part to me was that, during the regular season, Tatar was in the middle of everything. He seemed fearless going to the net, he battled like crazy in the corners. It's not like he shied away from that part of the game. I thought he was a floater when we first got him. He's not. He's a pretty tough little bugger. It was odd to me how he disappeared on the playoffs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The odd part to me was that, during the regular season, Tatar was in the middle of everything. He seemed fearless going to the net, he battled like crazy in the corners. It's not like he shied away from that part of the game. I thought he was a floater when we first got him. He's not. He's a pretty tough little bugger. It was odd to me how he disappeared on the playoffs.

It might be in his head. He is a Devil again and I'm expecting to be back in the playoffs so rooting he figures it out finally.

He is extremely likable so hard not to root for him

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
We have Tatar to get us in the playoffs and Palat to Finish the playoffs. :thumbu:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

To be fair, Marner has 50 points in 57 playoff games, so at least he doesn't completely disappear. He may not be as effective but it's not like the other stars in Toronto have great playoff numbers either.

It is weird just how much Tatar falls off in the playoffs though.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
You: “I’d rather Tatar than Tarasenko”

Me: “no way that’s dumb”

You: “WHOA WHOA who said tarasenko is even available?”

sick argument let’s do that again soon
Oh no it looks like you caught me making two separate points. Umm ok you win then? I hope your sweet victory over a stranger online brings you solace after Fitz's blunder.

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
You know we're going to see Tatar with Nico this season. It may not be at the start of the season, but Keefe could shuffle some. Tatar played well with Nico in his last season here. Nico gets 80 points again? Tatar with 20 goals again?

Last edited:
Reactions: bossram and My3Sons

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I know some of you will be hung up on Tatar being in a top 6 role. However, he had serious chemistry with Nico and did not play anywhere near as well when put on 3rd line.

I really hope the Mercer at center experiment ends as he has not shown he can be one at the NHL level. There isn’t a great option at LW for Hughes’ line so I wouldn’t be surprised, much to the chagrin of many of us, if Haula finds himself playing with Jack again. Not what I’m hoping for with these lines but there’s a chance this is what we get:

Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Tatar-Hischier-Meier
Palat-Mercer-Noesen
Lazar-Cotter-Bastian

I believe we will trade for a forward (perhaps a top 6 player) at the deadline. Our center depth is a concern. McLeod is a dirt bag but he was emerging as a legit 3C. We have not been able to plug that hole since he was rightfully jettisoned.

Reactions: Guadana

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Noesen is a bottom 6 forward. Tatar should be on the 3rd line to start as well. Agree with your 4th line.

Palat-Jack-Bratt
Meier-Nico-Mercer
Tatar-Haula-Noesen
Cotter Lazar-Bastian

Ideal world, you upgrade over Tatar during the season/trade deadline. We already know he doesn't show up during the playoffs.
Tatar had some chemistry with Nico and Mercer before, those are some combos with them I would explore.

Noesen is a "bottom-sixer" that scores efficiently, brings some jam, forechecks, and has decently good hands around the net. I think you can get big value from him next to more talented players. He doesn't need to touch the puck much, which is an ideal fit next to players like Jack and Bratt. Palat and Haula also often look good together, another combo to explore.

They have a lot of interchangeable parts and wingers that can move up and down. There won't be any rigid lines.

Reactions: My3Sons and Mgd31

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Tatar had some chemistry with Nico and Mercer before, those are some combos with them I would explore.

Noesen is a "bottom-sixer" that scores efficiently, brings some jam, forechecks, and has decently good hands around the net. I think you can get big value from him next to more talented players. He doesn't need to touch the puck much, which is an ideal fit next to players like Jack and Bratt. Palat and Haula also often look good together, another combo to explore.

They have a lot of interchangeable parts and wingers that can move up and down. There won't be any rigid lines.
Yea that's why its nice they brought in Noesen and Tatar for cheap deals because they can work up and down the lineup and provide more flexibility than other options would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad