Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar (1 year, $1.8 million)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We really gonna get overly worked up one way or another on this?

I'm cool with it; he has an established history playing well with Nico and company, he's here for one year, if it doesn't work you move on. Plus, it'll be fun when he scores and they put the Tuna graphic up on the big screen at the Rock, which the real victory, here.
Plus if someone pushes him out of the lineup we can trade him for a late round pick. Did I do that right? Some people are talking about buying guys out at certain points even though they haven't even played a game yet for us. so I'm not sure if this is applicable here.

They can send MacD and Desimone to the AHL through the waivers.
Signing Cotter and Noesen makes MacDermid even more unnecessary.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Fun to see Tatar back. Obviously he’s not the piece that makes this forward group a murderers row but he can skate and play hard and we know he meshes with Nico extremely well. They could roll out a Tuna Nico Mercer line, it was one of the most complete lines that season. Nico has good chemistry with a lot of people, and he can elevate those guys.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Tuna is back! Always was a fan of him. Seems to be a well-liked guy amongst the team. He'll provide some nice depth. No issue here at all.

Bratt - Jack - Noesen
Tuna - Nico - Meier
Palat - Haula - Mercer
Cotter - Lazar - Bastian

Last edited:
Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Plus if someone pushes him out of the lineup we can trade him for a late round pick. Did I do that right? Some people are talking about buying guys out at certain points even though they haven't even played a game yet for us. so I'm not sure if this is applicable here.

MacDermid is needed for maybe 8 or 9 games and if deployed correctly will make a difference. Now whether he's willing to do that and whether a new staff will see what needs to be done is another thing.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Ehh there was a time for it. It didn't hurt us at all and we had plenty of space for it. Now that he's not needed, he can go back into the cupboard.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Last season with NJ:
82 Games - On Ice Average: 15:07 min - 48 points

Last Year
Colorado - 27 games - On Ice Average: 11:17 min - 9 points
Seattle - 43 games - On Ice Average: 13:11 min - 15 points

He was also plus 8 last season (total)

He was basically on pace for 30 points last year - around 12 minutes of ice time. We paid $1.8m cost, for one year. That's not an awful contract

EDIT: A somewhat comparable. Marcus Johansson, same age as Tatar, scored 30 points last year for Minnesota in 78 games. This coming season he's making $2m. "Sounds just about right, doesn't it?"

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

55732F0D-18FD-47D5-81EF-B66C264C9C48.jpeg

Fitz’s Plan B again when his attempts for name wingers crapped out.

Dillon, and LHD in general costing a ton, made the winger solution tougher as well.

Umm... Why couldn't they use a pic of him in a Devils jersey? It's not like they don't exist.

It’s to honor his journey back.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I had no idea Tatar was only 33. I assumed the guy was pushing 36/37 at this point.

Anyway, on board with this deal. I agree if we were going to add another middle-six guy I would have liked center flexibility, but not sure who that guy is. Tatar knows the group, did well the first time around, so why not.

And it's always easier to move the money than people think it is. Signing him for the relative pittance doesn't mean there's no wiggle room for Fitzgerald if it doesn't work out and he has to make another move.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
If you'd rather have the guy who just scored 24 points & has been healthy scratched in 3 consecutive playoff runs by 3 different hockey teams than a 2-time Stanley Cup champion who was over a point-per-game two years ago and was lauded by Florida management for his ability to play up-and-down a lineup en route to a banner, you're out of your f***ing mind lmao.
Whoa who pissed in your cheerios? I'm more interested in getting to the playoffs first. Also, are we assuming Fitz just chose Tatar over Tarasenko? For all we know the latter wasn't available at terms suitable for the team.

Fitz just rolling through his old contacts list.:laugh:
Learned from the best GM we ever had.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Somehow I agree with everything said here (except whoever put Noesen on the first line lol). Definitely see both sides. Hopefully he can return into that 22-23 season form and maybe the team re-captures some of those good vibes and mentality they had back then. Man what a season that was..

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Im not againt Cotter, Noesen and Tatar as a bottom 6 pieces at once.
I would like to add top-6 forward to the wing for Jack, but may be Mercer will be more ready for top-6 role and we will see next step from him in his game. People are worry about him too much. He was good when team was good and partners were good. And he is still young player. Very young.
Just random example
People are talking about Mercer like he should be complete ready product in his age. He is not. Most of players from 2020 draft only started to play. Its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to tell words like "if he will not ready for top-6 role next year, he will not be ready for this role forever, lets trade him to Vegas for 4th round pick". Its unfair for him, he is talented player, mobile, very active on the short distances, he is only building his body(Holtz was bigger than him). He isnt ready product at all. And we can easily give him 2-3 years bridge deal and use him as a secondary scorer on the third line.
Or may be he will become better next year and will play better in top-6 role. In this case Cotter, Tatar and Noesen will only help as bottom line players.

or/and we can sign top-6 player on the market/make a trade/make a trade before the trade deadline.

Now it looks like

Timo Nico Bratt
Haula Jack Mercer
Palat Lazar Noesen
Tatar Cotter Bastian

or

Timo Nico Bratt
Palat\Tatar Jack Mercer
Tatar\Palat Haula Noesen
Cotter Lazar Bastian

or even
Tatar Nico Timo(finally)
Noesen\Palat Jack Bratt
Palat\Noesen Haula Mercer
Cotter Lazar Bastian

or
Tatar Nico Timo(finally)
Haula Jack Bratt
Palat Lazar Mercer
Noesen Cotter Bastian

or something like that. Pick whatever you like. You can add top-6 W now or before the deadline

Timo Nico Bratt
TOP-6 Jack Mercer
Palat Haula Noesen
Cotter Lazar Tatar

or

Tatar Nico Timo(finally)
TOP-6 Jack Bratt
Palat Haula Mercer
Cotter Lazar Noesen

No need to worry about, It looks like a quite normal roster.

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Last season with NJ:
82 Games - On Ice Average: 15:07 min - 48 points

Last Year
Colorado - 27 games - On Ice Average: 11:17 min - 9 points
Seattle - 43 games - On Ice Average: 13:11 min - 15 points

He was also plus 8 last season (total)

He was basically on pace for 30 points last year - around 12 minutes of ice time. We paid $1.8m cost, for one year. That's not an awful contract

EDIT: A somewhat comparable. Marcus Johansson, same age as Tatar, scored 30 points last year for Minnesota in 78 games. This coming season he's making $2m. "Sounds just about right, doesn't it?"

i would have thought that grimy piece of shit slimeball don meehan would've asked for the f***ing moon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad