Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar (1 year, $1.8 million)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
$1.8? Isn't that more than he made last year?

It's good depth though. I wouldn't have hated him back last year at what he made. I just thought it was weird that some people acted like he was a huge loss and was the difference in missing the playoffs.
yes, he signed for 1.5 in Colorado last year

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yes, he signed for 1.5 in Colorado last year
This also must be the earliest he's signed in a while. I think we signed him a week or two into free agency the first time we signed him in 2021. I don't know if he ever even made it to UFA before that year.

Reactions: Nubmer6

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
$1.8? Isn't that more than he made last year?

It's good depth though. I wouldn't have hated him back last year at what he made. I just thought it was weird that some people acted like he was a huge loss and was the difference in missing the playoffs.

Yup, he made $1.5M last year.

Though he also played himself last year holding out for a multi-year deal, got nothing early in free agency, fired his agent and then eventually signed in September with Colorado at the $1.5M. Presumably, with the cap going up and signing at the start of free agency he was able to get a better deal.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Meh especially at that cost. He was bad last year. Way better than our internal options for the top 9 opening though so I guess I’ll take it.

Reactions: HBK27

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Somehow this guy was a +41 in his last season with the Devils.
You say somehow like he wasnt brilliant.

The second best line in all of hockey for xGoals% was them
1719948939412.png

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
I don't like it. Is he playing in our top-6? If so, f***ing gross.

If not.... f***ing gross. He's not really a bottom-6 type of player.

Why do you need to give him $1.8? Who the f*** else is rushing to pay this guy more than league minimum? He had 23 points last year lol.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
But seriously folks, depth insurance if they can’t get anything else before the season.

Funny, I came to post that things will be quiet for awhile and then “bam!”, we’ll get a transaction out of left field. I guess “awhile” was half a day.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't like it. Is he playing in our top-6? If so, f***ing gross.

If not.... f***ing gross. He's not really a bottom-6 type of player.

Why do you need to give him $1.8? Who the f*** else is rushing to pay this guy more than league minimum? He had 23 points last year lol.

we really need to stop the "top 6" and "bottom 6" stuff. Most teams operate under top 9 and 4th line anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad