GDT: Devils Sabres in Prague Game 1

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
This is it for the SEASON OPENER?

GDT: Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 1 PM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network Radio: WGR550 - SEASON OPENER!
Feel free to overwrite with anything more effort, just wanted to get it started as the game is today.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
1727996855231.gif

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Minimal effort in game deserves a minimal effort gameday thread but we haven't been in game yet and both squads have performed well in preseason.

The Sabres at least deserve the benefit of the doubt with a decent gameday thread.

Reactions: Jacob582

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I haven't had us making the playoffs in any predictions the last few years. Finally have a feeling we are gonna get the job done.

Lots of guys up for contracts looking to get paid, bounce back years, new leadership group, Lindy's influence and knowing what it means to be a Sabre, new coaching group running the PP, new jumbotron, bottom 6 energy guys ready to put motherf***ers through the wall.

We're gonna do it. The drought stops here. Gonna catch lightning in a bottle just like 05-06.

Reactions: HOOats

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I must be going insane. Currently, the Devils are playing the Flyers in Philly. We play NJ tomorrow in Prague? Are the Devils going to fly overseas after tonight's game, and play us tomorrow?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I know I’m actually legitimately excited for this season because I’ve been watching the coach and player interviews again. It’s been quite a while since I’ve done that.

I’m hoping they can get off to a good start, get some early season wins and really cement that player buy-in to what Lindy’s preaching.

For this trip, I’d be happy with 1-1 though. They gotta win at least one. Two would obviously be better, but NJ also has a new coach, lots of good vibes and a group of players eager to prove themselves to the new staff. Should be a good two game series! I’m expecting a couple fast paced, high energy games.

I must be going insane. Currently, the Devils are playing the Flyers in Philly. We play NJ tomorrow in Prague? Are the Devils going to fly overseas after tonight's game, and play us tomorrow?
It’s NJ’s AHL team playing philly tonight. Same as it was for the Sabres their last couple preseason games. The guys they left here (mostly all AHL guys) finished out the preseason in the USA while the main Sabres team travelled to Prague.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I know I’m actually legitimately excited for this season because I’ve been watching the coach and player interviews again. It’s been quite a while since I’ve done that.

I’m hoping they can get off to a good start, get some early season wins and really cement that player buy-in to what Lindy’s preaching.

For this trip, I’d be happy with 1-1 though. They gotta win at least one. Two would obviously be better, but NJ also has a new coach, lots of good vibes and a group of players eager to prove themselves to the new staff. Should be a good two game series! I’m expecting a couple fast paced, high energy games.

It’s NJ’s AHL team playing philly tonight. Same as it was for the Sabres their last couple preseason games. The guys they left here (mostly all AHL guys) finished out the preseason in the USA while the main Sabres team travelled to Prague.
Ahhh ok, that makes sense. Thanks for that.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m not going to get myself all wound up in the hype but I will say that if we win tomorrow it will be the greatest Buffalo hockey moment in over ten years and a complete justification of every single piece of belief built from everything ranging from Lindy’s return through a new mural in alumni plaza. It will mark the end of the drought, the opening of the cup window, and the first step along the path to our inevitable, ultimate success as a franchise.

And if we lose there’s another game less than 24 hours later where we can just prove all that stuff if we need to

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
I'm excited to have Sabres games again. I just hope that feeling lasts a while. I was impressed with I saw from them so far and expect it to translate to the regular season. Lets Go Buffalo!

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Please do not be out of playoff contention by Thanksgiving!

Please, oh please!! 🙏

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad