GDT: Devils Sabres in Prague Game 1, 1 p.m. EDT, 7 p.m CEST

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If only the Devils had to adapt to Keefes system
They adapted by having all their best players back on IR and replacing the worst goaltenders in the league with one of the best.

Had to work, brief synopsis?
FB_IMG_1613579800857.jpg

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This group (still) doesn't handle it well when teams are good at taking away their time and space. Too soft on the puck, lackadaisical passing, lots of whiffing on shots/passes, guys without the puck not really in good position (or too pressured themselves) to make for good options to outlet the puck.

Think one training camp wasn't enough to iron out the bad habits. Kinda sucks we have to play New Jersey again right away because they seem to be good at the things we're weak against.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We win the all important face-off battle 34-25.

Mission accomplished?

Also weren’t outhit.

So you know…the two most important metrics way improved!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Byram was solid tonight and the eye and analytics test agree. don’t agree with you at all.
Now tell me about the centers, and the results. If you’re going to ignore guys getting behind him for goals at least tell me about the great success from the other side of that deal

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Byram was solid tonight and the eye and analytics test agree. don’t agree with you at all.
Byram yes, but Tage and Cozens no. I have nothing against Byram, but we could really use a center like Mitts, and we've also been needing a top 4 RD for a long time who's just good at defense and can play 20 minutes a game.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Now tell me about the centers, and the results. If you’re going to ignore guys getting behind him for goals at least tell me about the great success from the other side of that deal
That’s a decision picking Cozens over Mitts not a Byram issue.

I’m not gonna fault Bo for trading the wrong center if he’s playing how he should

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Byram yes, but Tage and Cozens no. I have nothing against Byram, but we could really use a center like Mitts, and we've also been needing a top 4 RD for a long time who's just good at defense and can play 20 minutes a game.
Cozens somehow managed to get 7 shots on net only one good look tho.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
That’s a decision picking Cozens over Mitts not a Byram issue.

I’m not gonna fault Bo for trading the wrong center if he’s playing how he should
It's not about faulting Byram, it's about faulting a GM who finally had decent C depth and traded it away (and not the worst of the three either) for a D-man we already had two of, instead of the type of guy we needed. It's yet another head scratching move that DOESN'T improve the team overall.

crossthesticks26

Jan 5, 2006
so I guess the good news is that everyone who missed the game didn't miss much at all...

I don't have much on my list of things to be excited about for tomorrow... Levi? UPL needs to stop overcomitting himself away from the net constantly or it's going to cost us dearly. was it his fault the Sabres lost this game? nope. was the Devils goalie better? yes, and it wasn't close.

zone entry on the PP is just painful at this point and looks the exact same as last year - not cashing in on PP chances is gonna cost us another shot at the playoffs again this year if something doesn't change dramatically. sometimes, it seems like they think they'll just be allowed to slide into the offensive zone without the other team trying to prevent it... just abysmal

I guess Greenway and Benson at least put some energy out there... Benson keeps getting shoved around in a way though that makes me wonder how long he'll be able to take it on a constant basis.

all in all an underwhelming performance - I hope Lindy kicks some asses now, they surely weren't ready to compete in this let-down season opener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad