GDT: Devils Sabres in Prague Game 1, 1 p.m. EDT, 7 p.m CEST

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
31 shots and very few were dangerous at all.

If Kulich isn’t in tomorrow I’m not watching them until at least October 10th

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, this is disappointing. Very slow, primitive, not aggressive. PP is still bad, the first line is just awful. I hope tomorrow they will improve, but today the mood is bad.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
At least our players know how to go about their day after losing. Not a single player will lose a wink of sleep.

NHL Network said New Jersey had a very good practice, passes were crisp and it carried over and then they said they can't say the same for the Sabres.

The Good:
81 more games for Adams firing.

The Ugly
Going to war for Jack Quinn and he was largely invisible.

I kind of knew this game was going to play out even tho I was hoping it wouldn't. Sabres playing on a national stage you could tell they were gripping their sticks too tight to start. We have seen this many times before. Trying to play up to an actual legit Stanley Cup contender.

This performance was not good. Even with Powers goal, this performance was terrible.

Reactions: kirby11

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
Very disappointing start. All the Sabres' efforts via media and social media.... you would expect the team to have a more inspired start to set the tone.

It looked like last season (and most before it) with whiter hair behind the bench.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Being charitable about the Sabres being in a new system, having a new HC, a decent amount of new players, starting the season in a kind of unusual way, etc., I thought it would take me more than one game to be sick of watching Jokiharju "defend" again.

He has proven me wrong

Looks like Krebs, Kulich, or Rousek get a look tomorrow..

Nothing more Sabres-y or Bills-y than at least one player getting seriously injured in game 1 of the season

Reactions: SabresFan26

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I tried watching a bit of this while working today.

Lots of work to do still. It's game 1/82 at a neutral site with a new coach, so the only real take away is we have to be better than that.

Reactions: SabresFan26

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I know we are all a little sad but there is something worse out there than being sad, and that is being alone and being sad. Ain’t nobody in this HF Board alone!

I don't think we were that bad.

Except Jokiharju. I'm just about done with that guy.
Such an obvious need to upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad