News: Devils open to trading No. 10 pick in 2024 NHL Draft, looking for goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Now that Markstrom is in NJ........................is the #10 pick still in play??
If you listen to what Fitz says in the quote, he was never saying 10 was in play for a goalie.
He was saying he'd trade 10 for the right player, and he is looking for an upgrade in net.
Two separate quotes that fans mixed together

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you listen to what Fitz says in the quote, he was never saying 10 was in play for a goalie.
He was saying he'd trade 10 for the right player, and he is looking for an upgrade in net.
Two separate quotes that fans mixed together

The post you replied too didn't ask if you were trading the 10th pick for a goalie. He asked if it was still in play for team improvements. Gullible fans will do their thingy and it's difficult to contain. I spoke yesterday about that 10th pick not being used for a goalie. I would have been shocked because any team with a top 5 or top 10 goalie is not trading them and the other goalies from 11-32 do not have 10th OA value.

Answer is yes but depends on who that player or assets are. I personally believe the Devils are after a top 6 forward (or top 9... middle 6 type) who has size/skating/grit.

Now that they have their goalie, let‘s do Konecny for #10.

Pending UFA. Best Konecny returns is 20+ type pick. I also think the Devils are after someone with size/weight in their top 6. Konecny has a little grit for a smaller type but don't think that's what the Devils are after.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
The post you replied too didn't ask if you were trading the 10th pick for a goalie. He asked if it was still in play for team improvements. Gullible fans will do their thingy and it's difficult to contain. I spoke yesterday about that 10th pick not being used for a goalie. I would have been shocked because any team with a top 5 or top 10 goalie is not trading them and the other goalies from 11-32 do not have 10th OA value.

Answer is yes but depends on who that player or assets are. I personally believe the Devils are after a top 6 forward (or top 9... middle 6 type) who has size/skating/grit.
If they weren't implying that 10 was in play for a goalie, why ask if it's still in play. You'd already know that it is, because you'd know those 2 things were never connected.

I get that you understood the original quote, but the person I was replying to clearly didn't.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Now that Markstrom is in NJ........................is the #10 pick still in play??

I would think so.

The best goal scoring winger or top 4 LHD that we can get. And no, we don't want any 32 year olds for this pick.

Now that they have their goalie, let‘s do Konecny for #10.

with a reasonable extension, thats something to think long and hard about...

Reactions: Alex NJD

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
I would think so.

The best goal scoring winger or top 4 LHD that we can get. And no, we don't want any 32 year olds for this pick.

with a reasonable extension, thats something to think long and hard about...

I think of all of the teams looking to move high firsts to take the next step, the Devils would be the team he most likely extends with. Feels like a good fit for everyone.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Are other teams going to trade one of their top young wingers or LD to the Devils for 10th? Probably not so the 10th pick is not moving.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

I was going to be surprised if the pick got moved no matter what. I don't think anything has changed. They'll probably listen, but I doubt anything gets worked out to move the pick.

With no first last year and no first next year, it's not the worst thing to make the pick

Reactions: Kegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad