GDT: Devils @ Caps - 7:00 PM - MSG

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
#cotter4rocket
#noesen4hart
#palat2chicago

I haven’t seen it talked about in here and I haven’t watch any of his post games before tonight but Keefe is kind of a shitty interview. Responses were kind of stumbling all over the place, didn’t actually give that much, and didn’t seem like he wanted to be there at all.
Maybe he needed to take a piss, who knows? :sarcasm:

Camille the Eel

Best about this game (besides the result) was how physically we played and stood up them. In sweeping us last year they regularly bullied us. Our team looks much more rugged in the early going. Even Hamilton is throwing his body around.

We played more low in their zone, showed ourselves willing to play more of a cycle and possession game than we had last year. Were better in center ice, contesting territory and puck possession. Didn’t get pinned in for such long periods.

This was a big win even early. Washington is a team we need to beat to make the playoffs. It’s crazy that our schedule has us playing them 4 times before the end of November. Plus defending a 3d period lead was big as something we need to do well this year.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Best about this game (besides the result) was how physically we played and stood up them. In sweeping us last year they regularly bullied us. Our team looks much more rugged in the early going. Even Hamilton is throwing his body around.

We played more low in their zone, showed ourselves willing to play more of a cycle and possession game than we had last year. Were better in center ice, contesting territory and puck possession. Didn’t get pinned in for such long periods.

This was a big win even early. Washington is a team we need to beat to make the playoffs. It’s crazy that our schedule has us playing them 4 times before the end of November. Plus defending a 3d period lead was big as something we need to do well this year.

It showed in the Buffalo games as well. Buffalo played like we did the past few years and they got bullied by our physicality. Washington always gave us trouble. Slowed down our speed and cycled with their size. Its not a coincidence they shut down Bratt/Hughes but lost to our more physical lines.

FItz said he wanted to be able to play different styles and so far, the games have played out like he hoped.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The way Kovacevic name is pronounced drives me crazy. There is no way it is pronounced that way, with his father from Montenegro.

I know a guy from Serbia with the last name Kovacevic and the pronunciation is very different.

Let's get through these final 2 minutes without giving up a goal.
Kovachevich is the way we should pronounce it.

BTW Zajac isn't Zeydjek, he is Zayats.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Where is the old "depth" meme when you need it?

You'll find it here (yesterday) :

Unless you mean the classic Bugs Bunny one, in which case :

81houz.jpg

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I haven’t seen it talked about in here and I haven’t watch any of his post games before tonight but Keefe is kind of a shitty interview. Responses were kind of stumbling all over the place, didn’t actually give that much, and didn’t seem like he wanted to be there at all.

It's an away game, they probably had a flight back to Jersey after the game.... I wouldn't look much into it.

Could be he maybe doesn't like the close quarter ones with Sal in his face :)

Seeing Douglas being physical is such a change. Guy was playing like that in the global series too.

Wonder if this is the most physical he has had to play in his career, haha.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's an away game, they probably had a flight back to Jersey after the game.... I wouldn't look much into it.

Could be he maybe doesn't like the close quarter ones with Sal in his face :)

Seeing Douglas being physical is such a change. Guy was playing like that in the global series too.

Wonder if this is the most physical he has had to play in his career, haha.

He tried to lay a hit on someone on Toronto and got absolutely leveled. The guy was like, 6 inches shorter than him. I was dying :laugh: it was like watching a tree fall.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He tried to lay a hit on someone on Toronto and got absolutely leveled. The guy was like, 6 inches shorter than him. I was dying :laugh: it was like watching a tree fall.

At the blue line right? He was trying to hold the line or some sort of keep in attempt... I thought?

Yes that was like a tree falling, actually at first I thought he got hurt from my angle.. haha.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
At the blue line right? He was trying to hold the line or some sort of keep in attempt... I thought?

Yes that was like a tree falling, actually at first I thought he got hurt from my angle.. haha.

Yup, that was the one! I was nervous at first, but laughed when it got back up and looked fine.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad