GDT: Devils @ Caps - 7:00 PM - MSG

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I’m surprised Kovacevic and Siegenthaler are bringing up the rear on that chart.

By the eye test, I thought they had a decent game. Maybe they were playing hard minutes, the broadcast did mention that they were unexpectedly leading the defense in ice time.
Probably just usage yeah, I rarely noticed them in the offensive zone. Seemed like a great effort defensively but probably didn't generate a whole lot.

We had 24 SOG and Siege was only on for 4/Kova on for 5.

Best Corsi of the night were Tatar, Dillon, and Lazar all being over 60%. Jack at an even 40%, only Casey and Haula were worse.

Also for some reason Bratt had the 2nd lowest 5v5 ice time out of any forward? Only 9:31, just above Lazar (and Casey).

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Devils need a lefty D and to send Casey down. I know Casey has two great goals and he's got some great puck skills but he's not an NHL D yet. Nemec isn't playing that way either but they have to see him with a lefty first to confirm.

Reactions: Devs3cups

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Does the team have anyone doing post game stuff on social media?
I've been wondering about that too, Catherine used to have the postgame with Chico/Matt on YT but I guess they're not doing that this year. Probably wasn't as highly viewed given almost all of the postgame stuff was on MSG anyway. At least it was a nice place to view it after the fact since MSG's online content is pretty lacking.

Splitting up all the highlights in 30-90 second clips is kind of annoying, it clutters up my yT feed

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
The Devils need a lefty D and to send Casey down. I know Casey has two great goals and he's got some great puck skills but he's not an NHL D yet. Nemec isn't playing that way either but they have to see him with a lefty first to confirm.

Hatakka is their #8 D and is injured.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Loved our game from our bottom two lines, obviously, and I thought all of the pairngs played well. Dougie scares me sometimes but ... Great game by Markstrom.

Lots of slop from the top two lines, even Nico has a hard time completing a pass.

Think it might be time to end the bratt Hughes meier experiment. They're giveaways at the Blue line and inability to win a puck in their own zone makes them a liability. It's kinda showing why Haula gets stapled to jack year after year.

I think tax throw bratt with Nico and tatar to get them all going and maybe demote mercer.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Loved our game from our bottom two lines, obviously, and I thought all of the pairngs played well. Dougie scares me sometimes but ... Great game by Markstrom.

Lots of slop from the top two lines, even Nico has a hard time completing a pass.

Think it might be time to end the bratt Hughes meier experiment. They're giveaways at the Blue line and inability to win a puck in their own zone makes them a liability. It's kinda showing why Haula gets stapled to jack year after year.

I think tax throw bratt with Nico and tatar to get them all going and maybe demote mercer.
Markstrom keeping them in the game was nice to see. He hung in there and finished with better than 900 save percentage

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I think Timo with Nico and Tatar has a better chance of producing quick results.

Reactions: My3Sons and Nubmer6

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Markstrom keeping them in the game was nice to see. He hung in there and finished with better than 900 save percentage

Keeping them in just about. He hasn't been great since the buffalo game though. Better than what we were getting last season, absolutely.

Not a lot of big complaints from me other than PP1.

(And sort of Jack, but he looked a bit better today although only slightly)

Palat looked better on 4th line except for that funky pass that richochet off the cap and went back for a rush. Hope this guy can find his gear again because I don't think I can handle HFB moaning about palat all season. Haha

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You know, I took an extended break (few years) from anime but am jumping back on the wagon soon

I think One Piece is up to 1200+? I do, though, believe this coming arc is the last one.. albeit itll be very long

I've been caught up for a while and have recently started it over to hold me over between the weekly episode releases. I'm on like episode 200 of my rewatch :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One piece is garbage. Fight me

what-would-they-text-each-other-v0-ysfbktoisb9b1.jpg
20240202_000529.jpg

Reactions: Guttersniped

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I haven’t seen it talked about in here and I haven’t watch any of his post games before tonight but Keefe is kind of a shitty interview. Responses were kind of stumbling all over the place, didn’t actually give that much, and didn’t seem like he wanted to be there at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad