Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Flyers did start the year 12-5-3 before imploding in March and have alternated between making the playoffs and not making them for almost a decade, inconsistency is kind of their jam. And the Rangers are likely not that out of place, they have a lot of good pieces. The Islanders have lost a bunch of players and have officially signed zero players, that’s definitely their problem in this model.

I’m not saying the model is perfect or dead-on but it’s not like everyone predicted all the standing last season perfectly either and just because these numbers don’t look right to some people eyeballing them doesn’t mean there’s something terribly wrong with this model. People could be over estimating or underestimating teams too.

I think our forwards are a mess defensively and I’m not sure who is PKing. The suggestion of Zacha at 3C makes me very very sad.

Nico, Sharangovich, McLeod, Zacha?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I’m not disputing that at all, I’m just saying that he’d be my last option after Tarasenko and bunch of other options.

I think there's a pretty decent chance Tatar is more productive than Tarasenko this year, but I'm not opposed to Tarasenko if the price is cheap enough.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
theres no room for him

we need a #6/7 guy ala Connor Carrick or something like that but otherwise the D corps is basically set IMO

unless Subban is traded of course, but I doubt that will happen.
Murray is better than Sigenthaler. If Sigenthaler sits because Murray is re-signed, then I'm OK with that.

Sigenthaler shouldnt be given a spot in the lineup just because Fitz spent a 3rd round pick to acquire him.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Bozak would be an ok 3c would he not ? Not my first pick but if what’s known to be available still he would be decent or has he regressed?
Tarasenko is the big one I want the most .Besides those two not much left to go after unless there are teams looking to trade players yet . What are your guys thoughts on Monahan ? He was supposed to be available but havnt heard anything on him . I’d imagine the flames would want a right shot forward as they have none .

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
We need to be patient with developing our players. Bringing in Hamilton and Graves will help keep guys like Walsh , Vukojevic and Okhotyuk in the AHL most if not all season. We need them to get more experience down there so they dont look to out of place if they get called up. Our defense is going to be Hamilton , Subban , Severson , Smith , Graves and Siegenthaler bearing no signings or trades. I think Bahl will be our 7th D man. Might be worth signing 1 more NHL vet so Bahl is in the AHL and plays big minutes instead of the press box but he didnt look bad in his NHL stint.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Bozak would be an ok 3c would he not ? Not my first pick but if what’s known to be available still he would be decent or has he regressed?
Tarasenko is the big one I want the most .Besides those two not much left to go after unless there are teams looking to trade players yet . What are your guys thoughts on Monahan ? He was supposed to be available but havnt heard anything on him . I’d imagine the flames would want a right shot forward as they have none .

Bozak wasn’t good last year. It’s possible he’s the best 3C option out there but that says more about what’s out there than it does about him. Tatar’s still out there for a wing. Tarasenko and Tatar are the only 2 interesting names. I’m hoping we manage to pull off both. I can’t see us brining in Monahan to be the 3C. Also lol what right handed forward are we giving them? McLeod’s the only one we’ve got

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
Considering the lack of interest on Tatar I think he could end up being a steal. Sure there's some question marks but this is still a player who the previous season was on pace to break 70 points while primarily playing on a line with Danault and Gallagher and only average a little over 16 mins per game. The Devils need some more offensive firepower in the short term until players like Holtz, Mercer and Foote are ready to step into top 6 roles.

Reactions: Hisch13r

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL

Bozak would be OK option as #3C, I think Zajac would still be OK as well (however this is risky due to the decline but there may be no better options soon). Going into the season with Boqvist/McLeod as prime bottom six center options = forfeiting the season.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Unfortunately, the Devils might be waiting awhile. Especially, when you got teams like Islanders not reporting signings. There are currently 10 teams with (5 million or less) cap space. We haven’t seen all the RFA’s signings yet.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
no more staffords!
and no more wire hangers...EVER !
DCJoVo4JA2GSVM4RExSV3hqLy_rSi11aOi74glUdyDa_LoKffkFDWiQvdChCQ_oXwDTrS5UsIaO90KirdNgxxO6r6j5yIpcDk9UWD0jFshUuB3D1PXgAjG06p_mLt6CQ

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad