Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
No one made another thread so here's the new one.

I've been meaning to ask this, but who do you guys think joins McMullen in the Devils Ring of Honor?

I would say Lamoriello is the obvious next choice, followed by Chico/Doc, but I can't think of any other worthy candidates.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Lou is going to get a banner or a statue.

Jmac is a good ring of honor guy.

With how big they made the McMullen plaque, I'd be worried adding a guy like JMac would overshadow the retired guys.

Lou and Doc/Chico seems like the only people worthy of going up there next to McMullen.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Having a guy like Bratt potentially turn into a top 6 player is great. We have some serious potential depth now up front. Few moves on D and there is a contender.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I hope we dodge a bullet and don't sign Hayes because of how Noesen, Blender, Bratt, etc. have looked.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd like this...

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Bratt-Henrique-JQ
Blandisi-Boyle-Noesen

It'd be neat if Blandisi-Boyle-Quenneville could be line if only for fact that it would be the BBQ line. I'm tired. I'll see myself out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd like this...

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Bratt-Henrique-JQ
Blandisi-Boyle-Noesen

It'd be neat if Blandisi-Boyle-Quenneville could be line if only for fact that it would be the BBQ line. I'm tired. I'll see myself out.

That would be my opening night lineup.

Put Coleman in if Boyle isn't ready.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Noesen will be 3RW He has been better that Q

I don't think it matters whether one player has had a better camp than another when they both make the team. Its about chemistry with team mates. Blandisi and Noesen work well together. And Bratt-Henrique-Quenneville were excellent tonight so it makes sense to keep them together.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd be okay with having skilled guys on the 4th line, as long as it was ALL guys like that on the 4th line.

And not some 4th line made up of grit/sandpaper/guy who can't play hockey/goon/etc type guys.

I've been hoping for a 4th line like that since approximately 1993.

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
I don't think it matters whether one player has had a better camp than another when they both make the team. Its about chemistry with team mates. Blandisi and Noesen work well together. And Bratt-Henrique-Quenneville were excellent tonight so it makes sense to keep them together.

Yep and Bratt and Noesen were great together as well.... lots of options.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Bratt seems to be good with everyone. He has had good shifts/games with Noesen, Henrique, Stafford, Nico, JQ, and others.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Bratt seems to be good with everyone. He has had good shifts/games with Noesen, Henrique, Stafford, Nico, JQ, and others.

He's a hard working, very skilled/smart player. I imagine he could work well with a lot of players in our lineup

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'd be okay with having skilled guys on the 4th line, as long as it was ALL guys like that on the 4th line.

And not some 4th line made up of grit/sandpaper/guy who can't play hockey/goon/etc type guys.

I've been hoping for a 4th line like that since approximately 1993.

The crash line was instrumental in 1995 and McKay and Hollins were far from goons even if Peluso was a plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad