Detroit Red Wings #9 Prospect Summer 17/18 Run Off

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hey, remember those other goalies we drafted who were supposed to be really good and then did nothing? Yeah. So do I. Never vote for the goalie.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Hey, remember those other goalies we drafted who were supposed to be really good and then did nothing? Yeah. So do I. Never vote for the goalie.

*shrug* Another McCollum/Coreau is better than what I expect Holmstrom to be. This is also the 9th overall prospect in a relatively weak pool - no one's suggesting that Petruzelli is even likely to be a great player by ranking him #9.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I went with peak ceiling for my vote, but you never know with goalies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'm also of the goalies are inconsistent and sketchy mindset, but I think Petruzzelli is still the best goalie prospect we've had in some time.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I picked Petruzzelli because I'm taking into account our current goalie situation with Mrazek. If Petr is gone soon, Petruzzelli's stock rises.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm also of the goalies are inconsistent and sketchy mindset, but I think Petruzzelli is still the best goalie prospect we've had in some time.

Better than Mrazek???

Sure maybe at the time of his draft, but Mrazek was a highly touted guy as a prospect after his post draft year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Better than Mrazek???

Sure maybe at the time of his draft, but Mrazek was a highly touted guy as a prospect after his post draft year.

Yeah, given that Petruzzelli hasn't played any post draft games yet, I was talking about as of draft night. Mrazek blew his development out of the park, but I think Petru has a better starting point. We will see what he does from here. But he was the #2 ranked NA goalie most places all year. I was hoping for either him or DiPietro. I'm interested to see how DiPietro does as a "smaller" goalie.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, given that Petruzzelli hasn't played any post draft games yet, I was talking about as of draft night. Mrazek blew his development out of the park, but I think Petru has a better starting point. We will see what he does from here. But he was the #2 ranked NA goalie most places all year. I was hoping for either him or DiPietro. I'm interested to see how DiPietro does as a "smaller" goalie.

I like the pick, I just want to see how he does this year. The package sure looks good for a goalie to me, but I liked that about Perry as well a couple years ago. I understand that Petruzzelli is better than him, but he is still a pretty big project in my opinion. Again I really liked the pick though as I thought he would be long gone by the time we did get him and he was a homerun swing of a kind of player if he puts it together he could be a monster.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I like the pick, I just want to see how he does this year. The package sure looks good for a goalie to me, but I liked that about Perry as well a couple years ago. I understand that Petruzzelli is better than him, but he is still a pretty big project in my opinion. Again I really liked the pick though as I thought he would be long gone by the time we did get him and he was a homerun swing of a kind of player if he puts it together he could be a monster.

You never ever put a faith in a goalie with a last name "perry"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes