Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ Ottawa: The Return of #11

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Imagine if Alfredsson picked up the puck in the D-zone, shot the puck on an unexpecting Howard and scored. Then he takes off his Wings jersey, skates to the Sens bench and high fives the players. He salutes the crowd and skates off the ice. After the game declares he can't play for anyone except the Sens and made a mistake.

Would be the best moment in NHL history.

thats something out of WWE....

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
In the offseason and beginning of the season I was very anti Alfie.

The more this season goes on and the more ******** penny pinching I see from melnyk......the more I somewhat believe Alfie and find myself with less animosity towards him.

I hope he is cheered tomorrow and if Melnyk makes an appearance I hope he gets hit with something hard tossed by a fan.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
In the offseason and beginning of the season I was very anti Alfie.

The more this season goes on and the more ******** penny pinching I see from melnyk......the more I somewhat believe Alfie and find myself with less animosity towards him.

I hope he is cheered tomorrow and if Melnyk makes an appearance I hope he gets hit with something hard tossed by a fan.

Same here.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Alfie deserve a huge standing ovation tomorrow, he was the heart and soul of this team and we miss him dearly that's was why we are having such a miserable season, we don't have a leader in the dressing room.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It's funny how as the season plays out people's opinions change. If Ottawa was dominating and Detroit was sucking everyone would be laughing at Alfie. Now that the Sens are struggling this manic depressive fan base is grovelling to wash Alfie's feet.

Pretty pathetic.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't want to hear the fans booing either. Cheering him makes us look like doormats though so I'm hoping people just sit on their hands.

Yes, honouring the greatest player to ever play for us, with one of the strongest relationships with a city I've ever seen, makes us look like total doormats. Give me a break.

Honestly guys, get over it. He was great with us in his time here, lets celebrate that, not the fact he left us, which was understandable.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
It's funny how as the season plays out people's opinions change. If Ottawa was dominating and Detroit was sucking everyone would be laughing at Alfie. Now that the Sens are struggling this manic depressive fan base is grovelling to wash Alfie's feet.

Pretty pathetic.

My opinion changed because of Melnyk. I blame Melnyk by far the most for Alfie leaving.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
How would cheering a player who had 17 great seasons in Ottawa (along with being the face of the franchise, very long serving captain and active member of the community) make us doormats?

The Jets crowd were hailed as "classy" and "real hockey fans" when they gave a standing ovation to Stamkos for scoring his 60th of the season against their team.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Datsyuk is a clown!! He and the whole Deadwings farm team should be ashamed of themselves for their last performance against us - which should have been reserved for the State Swim team!

That being said, Alfie deserves a nice ovation tomorrow. I mean not anything like a love-fest with people professing their undying love for the guy but a nice warm reception...and then let's make minced meat of these Detroit whiners!

Go Sens Go!!!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I can't wait for the end of the game when Erik Karlsson does his big run in, only to hit the big boot and leg drop on Jason Spezza and join Alfie's New World Order.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
How would cheering a player who had 17 great seasons in Ottawa (along with being the face of the franchise, very long serving captain and active member of the community) make us doormats?

The Jets crowd were hailed as "classy" and "real hockey fans" when they gave a standing ovation to Stamkos for scoring his 60th of the season against their team.

Cheering for Alfie would make us doormats because he was treated like royalty in this town and he turned his back on the city and the team without so much as a thank you to the fans. We'd be like the fraternity pledge who says "can I have another Sir" while getting his ass paddled. Pathetic.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Chances are half the tickets for the game were bought by Leaf fans anyways. Good odds on hearing boos no matter what the Sens crowd wants.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Place your bets on which team is going to show up this game:

Is it going to be the team that comes out flat in the 1st period, but picks it up in the 2nd and 3rd period?

Is it going to be the team that comes out flying in the 1st period, but falls flat in the 2nd and 3rd period?

Is it going to be the team that just does not show up at all?

Winner gets a chocolate chip muffin.

Place your bets people.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
It will be more than disappointing if there are boos for Alfie.

The Sens want to play hard and win against their former captain of course , but not only old friends like Chris Philips, but younger players and in particular Karlsson and Turris look up to Alfie and admire him and would be bitterly disappointed to see the fans turn on him after 18 years.

Alfie was the heart and soul of this team for years. He gave this team his all.I hope the fans thank him tomorrow and that if there are any classless Leafs fans booing they are drowned out by Alfie chants.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I wouldn't give a standing ovation nor boo him. An icy yet polite reception is all I could muster. That's probably how I would treat an ex-wife who would leave me for someone else after 17 years of a supposedly happy marriage. At least that would be how the civil version of me would behave.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
^Alfie isn't a center sooo.... okay.

I'm not ready for the emotion and feels of tomorrow. It's gonna be very strange but I'm gonna be giving him a big ovation as he deserves. Hopefully the game goes like the other two game against Detroit have gone.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza and Alfie stare down at the faceoff circle. "Alfie its me Spezza, your friend." Alfie ignores Spezza as he lift's Spezza stick and out muscles him in the faceoff. The puck goes into the corner and Alfie hits Spezza. "Alfie, what happened to you? What made you turn to the dark side?" The puck fly's out of the corner and alfie continues to ignore Spezza" Ryan gets the puck and passes it up the ice. Quickly Spezza receives the pass and skates into the offensive zone. Suddenly an idea crosses Spezza's mind. Maybe if I... Nonchalantly Spezza no look drop passes at the blue line only to have it intercepted by Alfie. But wait... Rather then skating up the ice Alfie stands still." Spezza, your no look drop pass... No one does that in detroit... How could i made such a mistake.. With a sly smile of joy Alfie rips off his detroit jersey to reveal a classic Ottawa jersey and then with a quick flip of the wrist, wires a shot top cheese on Howard. The crowd goes wild. But before anyone could celebrate the light turn out the flicker on..."OMG ITS ALEXIE YASHIN WHATS HE DOING HERE!" Yell drunk uncle Denis. Yashin skates on the ice and wires a shot top cheese and says " Who's your capatin now" before hitting Spezza with a folding chair. The crowd is incensed. What is this debacle thats happening in the CTC?

f98Y9.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad