Details Surrounding Nazem Kadri Trade

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Not to interrupt the Dubas hate, but isn't it possible he regrets how he handled that and was still pretty new as a GM when that happened? I would be surprised if Dubas today handled it the same as 2nd year as a GM with market pressure to make big changes Dubas.

Folks like him don't learn. You can see a bunch of them in this very thread!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’m curious for the day Kyle speaks out fully on what deals he felt controlled by or were nixed via Shanahan. Just based on Kadri’s accounts and even the rumours after the series. It feels like Kadri moving was a decision made above Kyle Dubas. I believe that call was made by Shanahan. The timing of the deal felt rushed and everything too. Still a bad deal by Dubas in hindsight but I’d be curious to see who ultimately decided the Leafs need to move on from Kadri.
Not me. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
Such a low character, dislikable person.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I was involved in a major labour reduction, 30% of the headcount was being laid off.

In the middle of a Sunday, final planning session before announcing the layoffs, the boss running the whole reduction got pulled out of the meeting and walked out right then and there.

He was part of the layoffs, but he didn’t know until he had already done his part organizing the others layoffs.

It’s just business

:thumbu:

I think if one has been around any real company for more than a few years, they know/have these stories.

In the corporate culture everyone is a temp.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I believe what Kadri is saying. Dubas always came across as a phony, a snake. They should have kept Kadri at 2c for 4.5 instead of signing Tavares. That ruined the Leafs for the last 7 years.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Personally not all that curious to hear from Kyle and get little tidbits on why he was handcuffed into making poor decisions from Lou or Shanahan.

it wouldn't be in support of him, but I am curious to understand the dynamic. I'd also like to hear Shanahan's unfiltered account of his tenure. Somewhere along the road something went wrong and a lot of poor decisions were made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad