Waived: [DET] Sheldon Dries, Justin Holl, William Lagesson, Brogan Rafferty, and Joe Snively waived by the Red Wings

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Holl is waived because Yzerman’s draft picks are working out.
Thats a huge stretch. Seider was already on the roster when Holl was signed. The only d-man Yzerman drafted that is making the lineup is Edvinsson. Edvinsson is a LHD playing the left side. That has no correlation to taking a RD spot but takes up 1 of the 7/8 d spots on the roster.

After looking at Detroits d-depth I wouldnt be surprised if Holl remains on the NHL roster unless they are running with only 6D.

phreak

Dec 23, 2014
Thats a huge stretch. Seider was already on the roster when Holl was signed. The only d-man Yzerman drafted that is making the lineup is Edvinsson. Edvinsson is a LHD playing the left side. That has no correlation to taking a RD spot but takes up 1 of the 7/8 d spots on the roster.

After looking at Detroits d-depth I wouldnt be surprised if Holl remains on the NHL roster unless they are running with only 6D.

No, that is incorrect. Albert Johansson drafted in 2019 will also make the team.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
No, that is incorrect. Albert Johansson drafted in 2019 will also make the team.
ahh i was using daily faceoff's projected lineups which doesnt have Johansson in the lineup. Even with Johansson, unless 1 of them plays play rd, it shouldnt affect holl's spot in the lineup. Even if 1 plays rd, why wouldnt he be the #7.

2 lhd prospects making the team shouldnt be able to push out an everyday nhler rhd off the roster. No team is going to carry 5 lhd and 2 rhd when they have a legit option to make it 4-3. Even if 1-2 of those lhd can play the right side. 1 injury to one of those 2 rhd and now they are playing 5 lhd and 1 rhd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad