Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Patrick Kane signs extension with the Red Wings (1 year, $4M; $2.5M in bonuses)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Super smart deal for both sides. Term is great...this year's cap is amazing...both can revisit into next year...and the bonuses won't matter as much, because there are no major contracts to sign going into 25-26 season. He'll literally just eat up what Petry would have been paid and the Cap will still go up 3M+ again.

Reactions: The Red Line

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Rather get younger, but as a 1 yr deal while Detroit is still building is okay. If Stevie makes a few more moves to improve D (Trouba, Roy, etc..), Wings are a real playoff contender.

Reactions: lilidk

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
What're your thoughts on Stamkos and Detroit and the blueline?
I’ve heard all kinds of things.. It’s gonna be interesting. I think they’d love to sign a Stamkos or even Stephenson or Lindholm, but definitely won’t count out Monahan. I think they’ll go after one aggressively, and also think they’ll likely re-sign Fischer (unless he gets money somewhere) and add a player who they can get some secondary scoring and/or pace the 3rd line. Even from the wing. I think DeBrusk may price himself out of that discussion. It’ll be interesting to see what Duclair gets. But that type of player, I think they’d love.

Then I still say they’re going after two dmen. Whether that happens tomorrow or in the next few weeks, we’ll see. They want two solid, top role playing Dmen to play with the kids for the next 3-4 years. Whether that’s Roy and someone with a little offense to play with Mo, or maybe they would sign Skjei or Zadorov and keep searching for Edvinsson’s partner. I don’t think they’ll sign 2 defensive Dmen, but Edvinsson will provide more offense as things move forward, so I wouldn’t be shocked.

If the Trouba thing goes down, I’m not sure that changes their goals tomorrow. He can either play with Edvinsson or drop down on the 3rd pair. They can play around with a player like him because Edvinsson and Johansson are on ELCs.

Still think Holl and Maatta are gone and if Trouba comes, I’d almost bet Petry gets bought out too.

It’s gonna be fun. I think the #1 goal is to make sure that Top 4 is as solid as possible, with both kids carrying the pairings. Its not out of the realm of possibility Chiarot stays with Mo, maybe a Roy is signed for Edvinsson, then Trouba plays with Johansson. Then sign someone like Kylington if Ghost doesn’t come back.

I think it’s a moving goalpost type thing with 31 other teams after some of the same players, but solidifying the D is crucial.

I wouldn’t count out him taking a run at Askarov either. He wants a goaltender he can ride. If that costs ASP or even Rasmussen, I almost think he’d do it. He’d then make sure Cossa/Augustine is included in the deal, and get a young forward in return too. But there’s a deal to be made if they rate Askarov as high as many do. Yesterday I heard ASP and Cossa/Augustine for Askarov and Tomasino. I think I would do that IF they rate Askarov that highly. I can’t evaluate young goalies. Just can’t. But I know Yzerman wants one he can ride.

So we’ll see. So many moving parts.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Happy to have him back.

Watching him play last reason made it clear it's been awhile since we had someone with that level of offensive talent.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
love seeing the high iq'ed vet here to teach the newbies . maybe kasper centers 2nd line with kane
much prefer danielson to be that center or winger on same line. Kasper strikes me as someone who would definitely benefit from being kane's center, but I feel like danielson's hockey IQ could supplement kane more.

regardless, kasper has good hockey iq, i just don't know if it is the same level as danielson's potential is.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Kane fit in well with Detroit. He made Larkin and Debrincat that much better.

Guess he plays for 2 more years then hangs it up.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s a big win for Detroit, and it’s letting the league know, they’re not playing around with what they’ll be willing to do, building that roster, so when the kids all start coming through, they’re not being ruined by having too much pressure on them.

They’re gonna be a big player coming up here this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00