Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin for future considerations

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Yamamoto had negative value and Kostin was leaving. How can you get any value out of those assets?

Losing Kostin who likely couldn’t fit in cap wise is probably best case scenario to remove Yamamoto’s cap.
Holland did it to himself with that Yamo RFA signing last August. Hard to see the upside when you shoot yourself in the foot.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Holland did it to himself with that Yamo RFA signing last August. Hard to see the upside when you shoot yourself in the foot.
Yamamoto did have some promising attributes, you can’t deny that the D-R-Y line had some success

Reactions: Mr Positive

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Even at an increase to 1.75 to 2 million with some increased minutes, Kostin is a prototypical bottom 6 player you want on your team.
I don’t really disagree. I’m disappointed to see him go. But I feel like Holloway should be able to take his spot for cheaper and if he can’t I think they’re in trouble anyways.

I don’t think it was a terrible price to pay to dump Yamo’s full hit. Having to dump the contract at all is something of an issue in and of itself, but I guess that’s a different discussion.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t really disagree. I’m disappointed to see him go. But I feel like Holloway should be able to take his spot for cheaper and if he can’t I think they’re in trouble anyways.

I don’t think it was a terrible price to pay to dump Yamo’s full hit. Having to dump the contract at all is something of an issue in and of itself, but I guess that’s a different discussion.
Absolutely

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Like both players but brilliant work from Holland.

Yam wasn't a buyout and didn't cost an asset. I was told repeatedly he has negative value and no one would take him.

Makes me said that we got nothing for Yam and JP or that they didn't become what I hoped but it's time to move on. I think Yam has many years left in the NHL and hope he does well in Detroit! I think Klim was about to get overpaid on a 20% shooting percentage and liked the player but anything more than 1 x 1 would've been a mistake.

Really nice work to free up cap!

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Oil fans been arguing Yamo has value, mains arguing he has negative value.

Oilers dump Yamo by attaching Kostin, and now it's poor asset management because they should have gotten value for Yamo.

Figure your shit out, folks.

Word is he's looking for a decent raise and is leveraging the KHL to get it.
Yamo is extremely frustrating as a player. Legitimately, he does mostly nothing. Just skates around and misses the net (seemingly) every time.

He definitely gives 130% effort every game. Just too small and meh to be top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad