Proposal: [DET-CBJ] raymond for fantilli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
as a redwing fan i fear raymonds going to bridge contract then be a pain to extend long term . so im thinking with fantilli being a michigan guy he might want to be here long term . so im wondering if fans think this is a fair trade for both sides ? yes i realize fantilli plays a more important position , but raymond proved nhl star level talent last season seriously boosting his status

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
:mod: I am actually not interested in this as a Wings fan. I think the contract will get solved and loved what Raymond showed last year. He is a stud. Get others passing from CBJ, also really like our top 5 pick here. Assuming he doesn’t miss camp I can see him getting near 90 points this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
as a redwing fan i fear raymonds going to bridge contract then be a pain to extend long term . so im thinking with fantilli being a michigan guy he might want to be here long term . so im wondering if fans think this is a fair trade for both sides ? yes i realize fantilli plays a more important position , but raymond proved nhl star level talent last season seriously boosting his status
This is a poorly thought out proposal. What would be the Jackets’ motivation to make this deal?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The value is much closer than some fail to realize. When you start dominating shifts at 22 years old in the NHL, the sky is the limit.

That’s what we seen from Raymond, especially the second half of last season. He’s a better NHL player than Fantilli right now. In 2-3 years maybe that changes, but I’m still not making the deal if I’m Columbus. Reason? You win Cups in the NHL, up the middle, and Fantilli has all the tools to become a dominant C in the NHL.

So I’m NOT gonna take that chance, unless I ultimately think Fantilli will be a wing. That’s the only way I make this trade as Columbus. So Pat Verbeek would make this trade, because he had concerns about Fantilli ultimately NOT playing C in the league.

As Columbus though, I pass, because I do think he’s a C. That’s no slight on Raymond at all. In fact I look at my depth chart to see if I’d be able to still be dominant “up the middle” after making this trade, assuming Fantilli ends up being what I think he’ll be. That answer is “NO”…. and it’s much harder losing a dominant C than a dominant W. You can patch in scoring wingers. You can’t patch in lessor Cs and still think you’re a Cup contender. They’re much harder to replace.

As Detroit, I think I’d still make the trade, even though I’d be scared it would bite me in the end. That’s because what I think Fantilli will become though. So I’d probably do it, crossing my fingers, as it’s alway scary trading away a known commodity for hope.. I better be damn sure Fantilli is gonna ultimately be his best, playing C though.

Raymond is on his way to being a top flight winger in the NHL now. He’s now playing shifts vs Florida, Tampa, Toronto and Boston, where he’s the best player on the ice at times. Not too many young wingers have done this. He’s also shown he can drive a line from the wing. Also not many 22 year olds are doing that in the league.

So it would be a scary trade from Detroit’s perspective, but if I think Fantilli is gonna be a dominant C, I still pull the trigger.

The good part is, Detroit won’t have to make this decision, and neither does Columbus. Neither player is moving on.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Columbus has been a team starving for centres pretty much the majority of their existence. The years where they've lacked a true number 1 centre have out numbered the years where they haven't by a wide margin.

Trading Fantilli is not something the team can and should ever consider.

Heck, even if it was Seider... Columbus can't and shouldn't do it.

There is not a single trade that Columbus can make with Detroit that includes Fantilli in which Columbus doesn't destroy itself.

Reactions: SENStastic

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Makes no sense from either side, Detroit wants to compete now and right now Raymond is a much better player at the momentand fits the age group. Columbus is rebuilding and a 6'2 future franchise 1c who projects to be better than an albeit borderline elite winger would rather keep their player who is 19 and allows time to gather more high end pieces to build around and is more cost controlled

Reactions: Fatass

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
No slight on Raymond, solid young winger, but the BJs wouldn't entertain this trade. If Fantilli asked for a trade, sure, but he's more or less the future in Columbus.

Reactions: CBJx614 and Fatass

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Not weighing in on the sentiment at all here, but Columbus could and would do better than Raymond which is no slight on Raymond. Great player.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Columbus wouldn’t make this trade. I’m wondering if Detroit would? They do need a guy who can develop into a high end 1C.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I won't be rude/mean like some other posters are being to you, but I doubt Columbus would be willing to make any big trades right now. Even though it's not an absolutely terrible deal value wise!

Which way? Both are fine players, but Raymond is certainly proven. He is coming off of a 31 goal 72 point season, with clutch play for the Wings. Fantilli is a few years younger and 59 goals behind him. Based on potential, no way I trad Raymond for Fantilli. I like Fantilli. He was a great pick and could be the Jackets future #1 centerman. Raymond IS the Wings top line right winger for the next decade.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
You think Columbus would trade their potential franchise/cornerstone center who said he wanted to come play in Columbus before the draft for anything less than a massive overpay?!

You're not considering what Columbus needs here or factoring in their history? Yes Raymond produces, but who on the team is going to help him out when ALL of the opposing teams gameplan around him every single game? Go back and look at the history of Columbus.

We tried to build around a winger in Nash, how did that work out?

We tried to build around Panarin.

And then again with Johnny.

We aren't trading a young, cost controlled potential cornerstone for another f***ing winger.

:mod:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad