Proposal: Det-CAR

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Hard to imagine getting much value on this board for a scorer who isn't scoring.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Same age as McGinn, and with the exception of 1 year, similar stats (with a bit more goal-scoring)...I don't think that gap is worth 1st->2nd, Geekie, and Webber. Maybe a small + on McGinn (or conditional bigger + if he puts up numbers like last year), not likely Geekie though

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Take out Geekie and change the Caps pick to Detroits and you might get interest. Thats assuming Carolina wants to part with a 1st at all. They haven't traded one since the Staal trade in 2012.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I like AA despite his struggles right now but I don't see a place for him here. He would have been a decent add to this roster 2-3 years ago but that ship has sailed.

Detroit and Carolina don't really make good trade partners at this time unless they want to swap picks and perhaps a fringe prospect or two.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Take out Geekie and change the Caps pick to Detroits and you might get interest. Thats assuming Carolina wants to part with a 1st at all. They haven't traded one since the Staal trade in 2012.

Oh really, Carolina would be interested in trading a bottom 10 1st round pick for a top 5 pick, colour me surprised. Why on earth would Detroit make your amended trade? They give up the best player currently and a high end 1st rounder for a couple of smaller pieces and a low 1st round pick.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Oh really, Carolina would be interested in trading a bottom 10 1st round pick for a top 5 pick, colour me surprised. Why on earth would Detroit make your amended trade? They give up the best player currently and a high end 1st rounder for a couple of smaller pieces and a low 1st round pick.

Wings 2nd. Didn't think I had to actually spell it out. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad