Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Got the sleeper wrapped up last night. Going to get time to get used to with the charge up. Pretty solid otherwise.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Pretty much at that point where I hit a wall, and stop playing probably until next year unless the dlc is really good but the track record says it won't be.

PL 600 and have completed the raid multiple times. Done shattered throne, resetted my gambit and crucible ranks, etc. The masterwork core system is terrible and kind of just turned me off of the game since I can't make anythinf I like masterworked or infuse stuff I like to a higher pl.

It’s going to be fixed soon.

Holy **** Gambit is such a stupid playlist.

You got to learn how to play it right. I’ve got a 18.5 KDR right now. Lol

Ahhhhh, I hate the pacific time zone...I didn't realise that Xur doesn't show up until 11 am Pacific.

They should make them easier to get in loot drops and weapon dismantles. Additionally, every single exotic item from any season should bring about a random set of mastercores ranging from one to three (if it's a yellow/cataylist weapon).

What's the best way of getting the loot key cache? I got one randomly by doing stuff on Mars, and beat a seventh wave boss which looked like a giant hive knight. I also beat the giant **** ogre, but didn't have the cache key then.

Bungie is based in seattle thus the PST Times.

You can get all the cache keys at once by doing a nightfall and then taking them to Mars for the key.

Reactions: S E P H

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
They should make them easier to get in loot drops and weapon dismantles. Additionally, every single exotic item from any season should bring about a random set of mastercores ranging from one to three (if it's a yellow/cataylist weapon).

For the remaining two weeks of the Festival of the Lost, you can get 7 cores per week per character by completing the weekly bounty. Also, you can buy them from the Spider (two per day comes at only 15 legendary shards per core).

Infusing a higher level item into another one of the same type (e.g. infusing a Duke Mk. 44 into another Duke Mk. 44) only costs glimmer so you can save your cores for the most important infusions.

Also, they're going to be making cores easier to get next week (you'll be able to get some from weekly Spider bounties I believe). I don't know if they're changing anything else about the system though.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It’s going to be fixed soon.

You got to learn how to play it right. I’ve got a 18.5 KDR right now. Lol

Bungie is based in seattle thus the PST Times.

You can get all the cache keys at once by doing a nightfall and then taking them to Mars for the key.
It's not going to be fixed, it'd going to be changed a little bit. The entire system of having masterworks cores is ridiculous, fixing would be to get rid of them altogether.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It's not going to be fixed, it'd going to be changed a little bit. The entire system of having masterworks cores is ridiculous, fixing would be to get rid of them altogether.

It actually is fixed. People were masterwoking, leveling and going though the game too quickly. I like it. Besides, they loosened the attaining of cores a lot since launch.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's kind of crazy given they pretty much codified the idea of curated matchmaking (at least on console) with Halo 2, but holy ****, there isn't a multiplayer game series on the market right now with worse matchmaking than Destiny 2.

And yes, I know, the fact that a rather large, vocal portion of the fanbase doesn't WANT skill-based MMR at all doesn't help matters, but as a general rule I think it's best to ignore idiots, consumers of your game or not.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It's kind of crazy given they pretty much codified the idea of curated matchmaking (at least on console) with Halo 2, but holy ****, there isn't a multiplayer game series on the market right now with worse matchmaking than Destiny 2.

And yes, I know, the fact that a rather large, vocal portion of the fanbase doesn't WANT skill-based MMR at all doesn't help matters, but as a general rule I think it's best to ignore idiots, consumers of your game or not.

Crucible matchmaking with randoms is absolutely horrid.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Well since the patch I've gotten 4 Forsaken exotics on 2 characters just doing either daily stuff or Dreaming City weeklies. Guess it's working.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Has everyone figured out how to kill the Heroic boss in the Blind Well?

If it's the Hive Ogre boss, you have to clear the orange bar Wizards and Ogres on the sides. They will drop a relic that you have to pass to another guardian to charge up, then throw at the boss to break his shield. Then you just burn him down.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Holy ****, Crucible is not that hard! Just stick close to your team and have basic situational awareness. That's it! That's all quickplay requires to succeed. The number of people playing Destiny that shouldn't be trusted to put their own pants on in the morning without hurting themselves is ****ing mindblowing.

/rant

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Holy ****, Crucible is not that hard! Just stick close to your team and have basic situational awareness. That's it! That's all quickplay requires to succeed. The number of people playing Destiny that shouldn't be trusted to put their own pants on in the morning without hurting themselves is ****ing mindblowing.

/rant

If you’re playing on PlayStation they gave away the game for free in September so there’s a massive influx of noobs.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Wow, maybe they did fix exotic drop rate.

Got every Titan exotic, the Warlock boots, and Two-tailed Fox. Didn't do anything on my hunter.

They added dupe protection so that any exotics you get are more likely to be new ones, but... seems like it's pretty much guaranteed.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The lost cryptarch quest wrapped up this week. The result is
Thunderlord, and you get to go back to the Cosmodrome to the spot of the very first mission in D1
. It's really strong for what is essentially a free exotic. It's great against minors and majors, but also does work against bosses if you pair it up with a rally barricade or lunafaction rift.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Still 1500 points away from Not Forgotten damnit.

Just got a curated Mindbender's and it doesn't have Full Choke? What's the point?

Got another one w/ Full Choke and Slideshot, though.

It's a PVE roll. A lot of the curated rolls are aimed at PVE, actually.

I also go one with Slideshot and Moving Target, Full Choke and a Handling mod, and it's pretty good in PVP. Not Dust Rock Blues good, but lets me use ByGones and Redrix in my primary spot.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The lost cryptarch quest wrapped up this week. The result is
Thunderlord, and you get to go back to the Cosmodrome to the spot of the very first mission in D1
. It's really strong for what is essentially a free exotic. It's great against minors and majors, but also does work against bosses if you pair it up with a rally barricade or lunafaction rift.

It's a ridiculous weapon. firing single shots or small bursts to maximize the secondary effect is the way to go. you can pretty much use it as a primary if heavy bricks are dropping.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It's a ridiculous weapon. firing single shots or small bursts to maximize the secondary effect is the way to go. you can pretty much use it as a primary if heavy bricks are dropping.

After I got it I ran the ascendant challenge and mowed down the bosses in less than a minute....solo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad