Speculation: Destinations for Gibson, Merzlikins, Grubauer ?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
After thinking about it, with how many first rounders spoiling under the Oilers... Can't they try and do something like Nurse ++ for Grubauer or Gibson and call it a day? I can't imagine that's worse than Pickard and it doesn't railroad Skinner...

The Oilers do not have enough to attach to Nurse to move him. The only shot of moving him is for an equally bad contract like Huberdeau.

Reactions: Figgy44 and hn777

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
The Oilers do not have enough to attach to Nurse to move him. The only shot of moving him is for an equally bad contract like Huberdeau.

True. I guess their future firsts aren't projecting to be very high. Not like in previous years where there were a lot of top 10/15 range picks.

I was thinking like two firsts unprotected and crossing your fingers hoping they don't win the lottery again, but I guess that wouldn't trick any GMs in taking that contract if they gear up to try and win a cup.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
After thinking about it, with how many first rounders spoiling under the Oilers... Can't they try and do something like Nurse ++ for Grubauer or Gibson and call it a day?

If the Ducks young D are making Fowler expendable as soon as this season, why would they want Nurse at an even higher salary for 6 more years? He'd be in the same situation as Fowler, only harder to move.

Ledge And Dairy

The only one of those names I'm interested in is Gibson. I think he'd be an exciting mentor for someone like Wolf who probably kept tabs on a lot of California based NHL goalies as he was growing up.

Grubauer and Merzlikins I think would be more an obvious in the way type of thing. Gibson at least seems more capable of being mentor like to Wolf than the other two (even if much of it is based on his performance from like 5+ seasons ago).
We aren't going to get paid to take Gibson. I don't think Wolf is going to need much in terms of mentorship after this season either, we missed our chance to ease him in slowly when we traded Markstrom. We would be taking one of them on to split starts 50/50 with Wolf and to reach the cap floor, I really couldn't care less if they are a good "mentor" or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad