Speculation: Desharnais to NJ or CAR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Depriving Therrien of Desharnais must be that ''bold move'' Eklund is talking about

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Are you crazy? Now's the time to dump him. I love the guy but Andrighetto, Reway, cheaper and might be better. Not to mention Gallagher and Plekanec are both in the top 6.

And who play 3C?

If we trade DD for a pick, we need to turn around and trade for a 3C.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If this happens, which I highly doubt...........

We will celebrate in the habs forums

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The teams like NJ an Carolina or even Arizona don't really need centres. Just because a team has cap space doesn't mean that want to take on meaningless contract.

Montreal needs cap space?....OK trade to a team but Montreal gives a third rounder minimum also.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'd be cool with him retiring today, so sure. Why not.

I'd be very cool with them both retiring today.

Trading Desharnais and depriving Therrien of him, would be a good move.
According to Bergevin, Danault made Eller expendable so slot Danault in the 3rd C.
As stated above, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Danault-Mitchell with DLR and McCarron as backup works fine.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
No thanks on the Devils end. With Zacha/Elias, Fiddler and Quenneville battling it out for 3C and 4C I see no reason for the Devils to need DD

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Little DD has no role on the Habs, and hopefully will hit waivers, and then off to the AHL for the year...no one wants him...injuries to other teams could change that, but he has no value...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Carolina could take him on, but I can't see doing it unless he costs them practically nothing to acquire. For instance a straight across trade for somebody like Joakim Nordstrom, or a swap of second rounders.

No, more like if we're being paid to take him. Say DD + 2nd for Nordstrom. Or DD + 3rd for Brodie Sutter.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Doubt the Devils want Desharnais, he doesn't fill any need for them.

Carolina however, I could see.

I wonder how much money Bergevin gave Therrien so that he'd allow his beloved Desharnais to be traded.

Or maybe it's a package deal, Desharnais + Therrien :laugh:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Doubt the Devils want Desharnais, he doesn't fill any need for them.

Carolina however, I could see.

I'm intrigued to hear your reasoning for the 2nd comment. I was unaware DD had #1C potential, or the ability to play goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad