Rumor: Derrick Brassard

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
Per DK on Pittsburgh Sports, which is not a rumor site, they've cited team sources and are fed up with Brassard. He hasn't fit in with the Penguins system since the deadline deal last season. There is a sense of urgency in trying to move him.

What teams are interested and what would you give up for him? His salary is only $3M and he is a UFA.

Pens looking for RHD, goalie, LW, and/or 3rd line center of course (perhaps more of a traditional 3rd line C).

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Would you do a 4th and Brassard for TVR? He’s got this year and next year at $2M per and is a great third pairing RHD.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
His salary is only $1M, with about $500K left. The Rangers front-loaded the contract when they signed him, and his signing bonus was paid already. Plus Vegas picked up a portion of it.

In other words, the actual dollars are very low for a guy who had a $5M cap hit this year.

Reactions: zaqq

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
His salary is only $1M, with about $500K left. The Rangers front-loaded the contract when they signed him, and his signing bonus was paid already. Plus Vegas picked up a portion of it.

In other words, the actual dollars are very low for a guy who had a $5M cap hit this year.

What contender needs a C? Blue Jackets? Avs?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Per DK on Pittsburgh Sports, which is not a rumor site, they've cited team sources and are fed up with Brassard. He hasn't fit in with the Penguins system since the deadline deal last season. There is a sense of urgency in trying to move him.

What teams are interested and what would you give up for him? His salary is only $3M and he is a UFA.

Pens looking for RHD, goalie, LW, and/or 3rd line center of course (perhaps more of a traditional 3rd line C).

Brassard is a 31 year old pending UFA who has struggled this year. You are looking at traditional rental prices if you trade him at this point, likely a late 1st/2nd round pick and perhaps a B level prospect. He will not fetch a player that will address any of the needs you noted in the bolded text above unless you trade him for another pending UFA.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d like to see him force both Schmaltz and Galchenyuk to the wing:

Keller-Stepan-Schmaltz
Galchenyuk-Brassard-Fischer
Grabner-Richardson-Hinostroza

I’d offer Richard Panik (50% retained) in return. Cuts the Pittsburgh caphit from 3m to 1.4m, while basically keeping the salary committed exactly the same for Arizona.

Reactions: zaqq

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Derick Brassard for Marcus Johansson?

Johansson has turned it around a bit, but I could see him as the candidate for a shake-up trade for the Devils.

Reactions: Altimus

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Brassard is still a valuable player despite him not fitting in as a 3C with the Penguins. They'll do the same thing with him that they did with Perron in 2016 and Hagelin a month ago, they'll trade him in a change of scenery deal for a similarly struggling player with term. It's going to be a C for C swap, I just don't know who that center is.

what would the pens want from buffalo ?

I feel like Berglund or Sobotka for Brassard is a very realistic and fair suggestion.

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
What about Brassard for Bozak?

Bozak doesn't seem to be doing much with the Blues, is older than Brassard, costs $2M more, and is signed for two more years.

The blues can see if Brassard is a good fit this year and consider re-signing him or cut bait.

The pens do it simply because they know Bozak and Kessel have chemistry.

*Some dollars need to be evened out to make it work.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Brassard is still a valuable player despite him not fitting in as a 3C with the Penguins. They'll do the same thing with him that they did with Perron in 2016 and Hagelin a month ago, they'll trade him in a change of scenery deal for a similarly struggling player with term. It's going to be a C for C swap, I just don't know who that center is.

I feel like Berglund for Brassard is a very realistic and fair suggestion.

Don't the pens need cap room ?

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I’d like to see him force both Schmaltz and Galchenyuk to the wing:

Keller-Stepan-Schmaltz
Galchenyuk-Brassard-Fischer
Grabner-Richardson-Hinostroza

I’d offer Richard Panik (50% retained) in return. Cuts the Pittsburgh caphit from 3m to 1.4m, while basically keeping the salary committed exactly the same for Arizona.

+ healthy Raanta would be an interesting turn of events.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016

I feel like Berglund or Sobotka for Brassard is a very realistic and fair suggestion.
Brassard for sobotka and a mid pick work out ?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anisimov for Pens 1st and you can include Brassard or any and all other expiring contracts you want with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad