Recalled/Assigned: Derek Joslin called up

arsmaster*

O'Byrne is just fine as a bottom pairing/7th/8th RH depth guy, which is all people were saying.

But I agree with you on Alberts, he's quietly played excellent. Some people are blinded by his terrible play when we first acquired him at the deadline. It seems I'm always defending him around here, I just don't get the hate. I love having that physical presence on the blueline.

You're right, he is just fine as a 3rd pairing depth dman....why move assets to acquire a player who is just fine, when we have a just fine d corps as is?

Alberts is a beauty, I like him a lot.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rather have rookie corrado get a long look, especially with the way barker has been playing.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Silently crying sad tears for the demotion of Canuck superstar (and league MVP) Cam Barker.

How many other players on this team can make you get up from your chair--while shouting expletives--and have you hold your breath for every moment they manage to hang on to the puck, the jaws of adrenaline slithering within you, waiting... biding their time... as you're left wondering how such a player can be such an invaluable addition to the opposing team.

If only some other team had great players that helped the Canucks out on a regular basis. A guy can dream, right?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If Corrado plays now, does that affect when he comes off his ELC by a full season?

That's a great question, I think not because playoffs don't count, and we only have 5 games left (he would play 4ish if he gets recalled)

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
I'm optimistic about Joslin. He was the best defenseman on the wolves this year before he was loaned to Worcester.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
What about Polasek? I thought he was bringing a nasty effort night in night out for the Wolves. And a coveted RHS. ;)

Nice to treat him with some minutes in the big league. Could really give him a boost for next season as well.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What about Polasek? I thought he was bringing a nasty effort night in night out for the Wolves. And a coveted RHS. ;)

Nice to treat him with some minutes in the big league. Could really give him a boost for next season as well.

Polasek is a lefty.

Unless you mean 'converted' and he switched handedness somewhere along the line that i'm not aware of. :laugh:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

SPT-Walleye01p-4.jpg

lefty

http://www.chicagowolves.com/team/roster

Last edited:

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Well, regardless of which hand he prefers to use....

Is he someone who might be worth a callup? There's not many d-men on the farm who play with an edge, from what I've read of Orcatown's commentaries.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
IIRC, he plays a puck-moving style and has a heavy shot from the point. Not huge at 6'1, and also not overly physical.

Alberts has been in the lineup pretty consistently, whereas Barker only suited up due to Bieksa's last minute injury. I would bet that he's the odd man out.

I'd argue alberts last game was one of his best. I'd be really surprised he'd be out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad