OT: Derek Jeter or Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
With all of whats going on with Jeter playing his last few games. Choose one player you would rather have for your team. If you choose Jeter then that means Lundqvist won't be on the Rangers, or if you choose Hanke that means Jeter wouldn't be a Yankee at all for their careers. Who is more important and what would impact more without throughout their careers and team success?

If you had to choose, who would it be.

I'm a Mets fan so I have to choose Henrik.

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Henrik is more vital to a hockey teams success being a goaltender, than Jeter is (both offensively & defensively) to a baseball teams success.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I really wish hockey was more appreciated in NY. Jeter and Eli are like the faces of NY sports. Hank is easily a better goalie than Eli is a QB. Possibly the top player in ranger history playing right now and not that many people in NY would be able to recognize him on the street like they would with Jeter or Eli. Hell ****ing Melo gets more fame than Hank.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I really wish hockey was more appreciated in NY. Jeter and Eli are like the faces of NY sports. Hank is easily a better goalie than Eli is a QB. Possibly the top player in ranger history playing right now and not that many people in NY would be able to recognize him on the street like they would with Jeter or Eli. Hell ****ing Melo gets more fame than Hank.

I wouldnt say easily. Eli is a hall of famer himself.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What I should've was what team would take a huge impact without. Yankees without Jeter, how many they would still win. Rangers without Lundqvist and how bad they would be.

I would make the argument that even 1 or 2 less world series wins is a much more significant impact than the Rangers going from good to mediocre/bad.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Jeter. He was a part of 5? World Series victories?

So was Louis Sojo.

Jeter is 6th all time in hits. I love Lundqvist, but he hasn't attained that level as of yet.

Lundqvist should finish in the top 5 of wins for GKs and at 30 Ws/season for the rest of his contract would put him over 500, barring injury or a team collapse (which Jeter never had to deal with) of course.

Edit: Or a lockout.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
To pass Jeter, Henrik needs to only suit up for the Rangers, and he needs about two rings.

I'm not a baseball fan at all, but this is Jeter all the way.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Jeter.

Lundqvist is my favorite Ranger/athlete ever, but it's not just about he is better. Lundqvist is a better athlete and the hardest position in any sport, but Jeter has helped bring all that matters to NY sports.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Lundqvist because I don't remotely give a **** about baseball

But, I would go as far to say that Jeter is the face of NY sports.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think Henrik is more important to the Rangers' success--current and future--than Jeter was to the Yankees' success. That's partly just the nature of the sports and the positions though. Jeter will almost certainly go down as having the more accomplished career. He was a key member on a dynasty. At this point we have to hope the Rangers can win just one Cup for Henke.

My answer is Lundqvist. I'd rather have an elite G on my hockey team than an elite SS on my baseball team. A HOF-caliber goalie can mask so many other deficiencies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
What's the point of this poll?

A lot of posters made a good case in the Lundqvist contract extensions thread that Talbot will be taking Henrik's place.

I do think that if we dressed Jeter, he would have scored more goals than Nash last postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad