GDT: Dem Bums @ Flyers 10/8/13 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopecky82

Kopecky can into PK
Sep 21, 2013
Texas
Barkov played just 11 minutes? Was he that bad...
Just send him back to Finland for one more year, in case you don't need him! I'm happy to see him playing for Tappara.

Actually he was pretty good tonight, did you watch the game?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This is one of those really frustrating losses where we deserved the two points and come up with nothing. I haven't seen one of these in quite some time. Of course, it rarely happens on the flip-side. We threw everything at Mason, but he was easily the star of the game. It's unfortunate that the Flyers won the game because of some bad bounces at the beginning of the game and overall, I don't think they played well at all. That highstick from Whitney at the end pretty much killed any chances we may have had at the end, but it still angered me how the refs missed the check on him from Simmonds.

The penalty kill was outstanding and especially on that 5 minute PP. I'm glad the TSN crew is ripping Hartnell a new one for his dramatics. Sure, it was a dirty board check by Gudbranson, but I don't think he should be suspended. However, he has a bit of a reputation already with the league and might get a game or two.

Our PP MUST convert and I blame it most for the loss. Now being 0 for 16 is a big problem that we've had in years past. I seriously felt like Jim Hulton was behind the bench again.

With a back-to-back coming up and Clemmensen being called back, if Markstrom plays in Tampa due to being the hot hand, I REALLY don't want Clemmemsen in net in the Home Opener. It's something Dineen needs to think about over the next day or so.

I keep telling myself that we still have 79 games to go and an unexpected win can rebound tonight's game. I just hope it doesn't bite us in the ass at the end of the season if we're out of the race by a point.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We deserved a better fate tonight. I thought we worked hard all night long, but when u don't have any star offensive player in your lineup who can hit the net instead of the goalies pads or chest than your margin for error is just too thin.

With the offense we have we can only realistically allow at most two goaltending or defensive lapses per game.

I wish our margin for error could be a little greater than one.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
whats the slogan this year? breaking hearts for reinhart? :P just kidding

i had practice so i missed the game. at least it was close and nice to see markstrom didnt let any in. hopefully thomas wont be out for too long.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
im kinda glad i don't mod this board anymore, my god you guys are neurotic its been 3 games give it some more time we can bounce back

This is by far the best / most accurate post I have seen in the last 20 pages.... Holy crap we got some fickle fans.

The team played much better than against St. Louis, so that is a huge positive. Flyers with 2 lucky goals (1st one with strange bounce off the boards, 2nd Thomas pulls groin on shot and can't get back to the net on time).

Very excited about Barkov, this guy is going to be great. Hope he keeps working on those face-offs.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Our PP MUST convert and I blame it most for the loss. Now being 0 for 16 is a big problem that we've had in years past. I seriously felt like Jim Hulton was behind the bench again.

Well, last year the PP was sixth, the year before it was seventh so it should fall back in order.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I mean, there were some positives from tonight.

- Markstrom looked great
- The PK was fantastic
- Barkov looked fine and had an assist
- Gudbranson is a beast

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
For wearing a Panthers jersey

So true:laugh: Further North or East the Panthers go...calls seem to be slanted. It's a trend, not a one time thing. I've seen worse in past years from the zebra's though if you can believe that.

This team is cursed.

I still feel they are...and I cheer for Gonzaga, Cowboys, Mariners, Pacers... by FAR I believe the Panthers are the most cursed team ever. Of course Tim Thomas would get injured for us.

I question Dineen's mindset with this. Gilbert has been so awful I don't know how he's rewarded with anything.

I missed St Louis game, but feel people have been getting on Gilbert a lot here. I have to see a larger sample size personally to judge a new guy coming to the team. I feel Dineen is playing the VET CARD pretty hard this season over players like Kulikov and Markstrom for example who have older players battling for time with them.

Rosehill and Rinaldo... Seriously get these knuckleheads out of this league.

Get bums out of the league. In the words of Pedro Martinez " WHO ? WHO ARE THESE GUYS??

There's dumbass Versteeg again with another turnover. Can we please make this guy our new David Booth and trade him like tonight?

Except David Booth was heart and soul of team, and a HUGE fan favourite. If we moved Versteeg to make a statement no tears would be shed, and doubt it would catch as many off guard like that Booth trade did. That one hurt as a lifelong fan at the time. Versteeg is making me say "meh" most nights, not good.

This powerplay looks like the type of powerplays I run when a get a new NHL video game. Is this for real? :help:

You mean when you are learning the new buttons?:laugh: Ya first few games are rough on the special teams with new video games from what I remember.

No, I'm pissed that he sucks.

Take away his first 30 games or so as a Panther and Versteeg has basically been a great player...for the other team. What does he do? Nothing. Lots of turnovers and lots of coasting.

You could be onto something here especially him being on this 4th? team. He kills Winnipeg:naughty:

nothing good comes out of the city of Philadelphia

True. GO COWBOYS!

So many things can be said about tonight. Here's my thing though. This team is different from last year. This team is different, as the season goes on you will see the identity start to emerge.

Tonight though I'm proud of this team. I'm proud to be a panther fan. We dominated that game, absolutely dominated. The thing that made me most proud though was how we dominated. Our work ethic was relentless. I would want non panther fans to watch this game because they would see how hard we work.

The luck didn't fall for us tonight. That's it. There's nights that we will get it and nights we wont. It's pretty simple. But I'm proud of this team tonight. We WILL have a good season, trust me.

This game I would have been proud for a national audience to see. No egg laid in this game outside of untimely questionable penalties, and lack of finish. It's a young team though.

In my opinion Hartnell definitely played that up. Also in my opinion, Gudbranson should know better than to drive a player who's back is facing him into the boards, it IS dangerous, and it WILL get called every time. Hartnell also is a veteran player who should absolutely know better than to place himself into that kind of position along the boards. Both were wrong.

Guds has to be smarter in time/situation plays. He does need to play with an edge, but finding that balance is CRUCIAL.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Just caught up to the game on my DVR...

Mixed feelings. I'm sad we lost if only because I feel like they worked really hard tonight, played better than the Flyers, and deserved to get some points out of that great effort.

I'm happy for many of the same reasons... they played damn well, and with a few lucky breaks (and being a bit more careful with turnovers) things would have ended much differently.. It's encouraging watching the team play that way, and Markstrom was fantastic! Efforts like that will result in a win far more often than tonight's loss.

I also haven't heard about Tim Thomas yet, who I'm going to go track info down about right now... I sure hope he's ok.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Not to mention how many times they missed the net. Can't believe they have to play their home opener on a back to back against The Penguins with Clemmer likely in net that could be really ugly.

Really hope that the injury was very minor and Timmay will be back. I'm not sure I could stand Clemmer in net against the Pens. I also must not have been paying close attention to the schedule... what other team plays their home opener on the second night of a back-to-back?!

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
"He tried to steal my stick,'' Kopecky said of Rosehill. "So I told him I would autograph it for him afterward.''

I love Kopecky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jeff Shafer

Established: 1987
Is it me, or is anyone kinda refreshed that Thomas got injured? His position, agility and all has been horrendous over the last 1 1/2 games. The two goals against the Flyers last night we're the worst positioned goals scored against our team I think I've ever seen.

Reminded me of a drop-in hockey goal scrambling all over.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Is it me, or is anyone kinda refreshed that Thomas got injured? His position, agility and all has been horrendous over the last 1 1/2 games. The two goals against the Flyers last night we're the worst positioned goals scored against our team I think I've ever seen.

Reminded me of a drop-in hockey goal scrambling all over.

No.

2nd goal he was injured. Thomas plays wildly, got him two Vezinas. ;)

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Goc was going off last night. Marky was solid also. I agree with someone who said Guds needs to be smarter there. He can still beast but it doesn't do any good if he gets kicked out and we have to kill off a major. Just be nasty and smart.

The boys played hard and deserved better but that's just about what we always say. In this case, I'd rather of gotten dominated like the Flyers and won instead of working hard and losing. Haha

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Markstrom was great. Looking forward to him establishing himself as a true #1 in the next couple of weeks. This is a great opportunity.

If we played like we did last night (except on pp) going forward, we'll be fine. I thought we had a ton of quality chances but couldn't convert/got a goalie who was on/lucky.

If Guds didn't get that lame call against him, I bet we would have tied it up.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Not to mention how many times they missed the net. Can't believe they have to play their home opener on a back to back against The Penguins with Clemmer likely in net that could be really ugly.

Why would Clemmer be in net? Markstrom will be starting for the foreseeable future.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Markstrom was great. Looking forward to him establishing himself as a true #1 in the next couple of weeks. This is a great opportunity.

If we played like we did last night (except on pp) going forward, we'll be fine. I thought we had a ton of quality chances but couldn't convert/got a goalie who was on/lucky.

If Guds didn't get that lame call against him, I bet we would have tied it up.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad