Celtics/NBA Defending Champs STOP, White & Tatum Extended STOP, Team for Sale STOP

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
the sale has nothing to do with what u asked.... it's USA Basketball that made the choice to select White....
I agree with you never thought different. My question was to someone else and it was regarding the purchase of the Celtics. Let me say again. I was delighted to see that Tatum and Holliday were selected for the USA Team. I was delighted that Derrick White was picked for the team. I always agreed that Derrick was the choice to replace Kawhi. I have never had a different opinion. I absolutely think that Jaylen Brown sending that message was wrong and that it was because his big EGO was hurt in his mind.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think Jaylen Brown has been selected for the 2024 USA Olympic Basketball Team so how can he be out of joint because he wasn't next up?

In my opinion Jaylen didn't deserve the MVP of the Celtics Chanpionship Round, I think it belonged to Joe Mazzulla or no one. But if it had to be a player then my choice would have been Tatum but Jaylen got the MVP of the Conference Round so it's OK he got it just as long as everyone understands he was not the best player if thar round only one game, like Porzingis, Holiday and Tatum.

Jaylen will be out if shape because he wasn't considered for the Best for the NBA Award. DONCIC got it and Tatum was considered along with SGA and Jokic not Jaylen Brown.

I can understand why he is upset. He thinks he is the best and very few, if any, agree. He wasn't picked for the ESPYS NBA Award, USA OLYMPIC. TEAM, & The NBA DEFENSE TEAM.
He did get the Best Championship Performance Award because he won two MVPs. Would he have gotten that award, which I think was created for him, if he hadn't been given the Championship Round MVP? He won this award as a NBA Professional against 3 other College Players and a Female NSWL MVP, enough said.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Now another reason, according to Jaylen Brown, that he is upset about not being selected to replace Kawhi, is Nike and Nike being upset with Brown for defending Kyrie Irving when Nike dropped Irving because of Kyrie's comments and Brown defending Irving. Jaylen that thinking goes against what the Olympics is all about. Jaylen you think what you want re:Nike. Also please Jaylen come up with another reason for you not being picked as this Nike crap doesn't hold up, this is the Olympics. Like Nike cares what Jaylen Brown thinks regarding a business decision of Nike to drop Irving because of Irving's antisemitic comments. If Jaylen wasn't given the Championship Round MVP, I sad given not earned, this wouldn't be a discussion I don't think but one never knows when it comes to Jaylen Brown and his EGO.

ENOUGH re: Jaylen Brown unless he comes up with another issue or reason.

Jaylen go fishing for the summer if you fish. Do something, figure out how to avoid paying taxes on the money you will get because of a unexpected objective that got you a $310 Million contract.

Work on your turnovers, field goal and 3 point shots all of which need help and relax. Keep polishing your MVP Trophies.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Robert Griffin III says "Derrick White is the perfect replacement of Kawhi Leonard." He says "White is a gritty, aggressive defense minded guard who can space the floor with 3 point shooting on offense and do the dirty work on defense,"

Noa Dalzell says "D-White is one of the top utility guys in the world." Now get THIS: "you don't want a team of stars who all need the ball in their hands"

Isn't that a perfect description of Jaylen Brown, if he were on the USA Olympics Basketball Team, "a Star that needs the ball in his hands?"

Noa Dalzell also said "those that complained about Derrick White being the replacement are kind of forgetting how Basketball Works" I find it hard to believe that JAYLEN BROWN forgot how Basketball Works but IMO he sure is a STAR that would want the ball in hands.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
For those of us following our USA team they are on there way to play in Abu Dhabi UAE this weekend for some practice games.

Team USA Basketball Schedule

USA vs. Australia, Monday, July 15, 2024, 9:00 a.m. PT, Abu Dhabi, UAE, FS1

USA vs. Serbia, Wednesday, July 17, 2024, 9:00 a.m. PT, Abu Dhabi, UAE, FS1

USA vs. South Sudan, Saturday, July 20, 2024, 12:00 p.m. PT, London, United Kingdom, FOX

USA vs. Germany, Monday, July 22, 2024, 12:00 p.m. PT, London, United Kingdom, FOX

Men’s 5×5 Olympic Games Paris

USA vs. Serbia, Sunday, July 28, 2024, 8:15 a.m. PT, Lille, France, NBC

USA vs. South Sudan, Wednesday, July 31, 2024, 12:00 p.m. PT, Lille, France, NBC

USA vs. Puerto Rico, Saturday, August 3, 2024, 8:15 a.m. PT, Lille, France, NBC

• Love

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
For those of us following our USA team they are on there way to play in Abu Dhabi UAE this weekend for some practice games.

Team USA Basketball Schedule

USA vs. Australia, Monday, July 15, 2024, 9:00 a.m. PT, Abu Dhabi, UAE, FS1

USA vs. Serbia, Wednesday, July 17, 2024, 9:00 a.m. PT, Abu Dhabi, UAE, FS1

USA vs. South Sudan, Saturday, July 20, 2024, 12:00 p.m. PT, London, United Kingdom, FOX

USA vs. Germany, Monday, July 22, 2024, 12:00 p.m. PT, London, United Kingdom, FOX

Men’s 5×5 Olympic Games Paris

USA vs. Serbia, Sunday, July 28, 2024, 8:15 a.m. PT, Lille, France, NBC

USA vs. South Sudan, Wednesday, July 31, 2024, 12:00 p.m. PT, Lille, France, NBC

USA vs. Puerto Rico, Saturday, August 3, 2024, 8:15 a.m. PT, Lille, France, NBC
The Monday July 15 game is at 8 PM in Abu Dhabi UAE that is 12 PM EDT in NYC Record

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
jaylen brunson is a sucker, tibs is going to run him into the ground and he’ll never make that money back

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Can they please release Drew Peterson from his 2Way deal. Guy is just not an NBA player. Use it on a guy with half a chance at making it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Can they please release Drew Peterson from his 2Way deal. Guy is just not an NBA player. Use it on a guy with half a chance at making it.
we have 3 2 way players now that JD REUPPED AS of now, the C's affiliate still hasn't named a coach, either... since he moved to Charlotte along w/ Charles Lee, that's what Summer League is is the G-League rosters and/or draftees....

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Some of the Heat players were better, because they were higher selections in the draft, than Celtic players. I thought Scheierman played well. I still wonder about Davison.

I missed seeing Jaylen Brown being there supporting the rookies. I just didn't see him, I am sure he was there. I know he isn't in UAE with the USA Team. Maybe he is still holding hands with his media deflector Kysre Gondrezick. She did look hot at the ESPYS, certainly was an attention gather helping bring attention to Jaylen.

• Love

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
When you can shoot like he can there’s always a spot for you deep on a bench. Poor mans Hauser. Will just come down to his defense.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Jaylen Brown says "one day I'll share my story." I wonder why he must wait?

People are feeling sorry for him for being snubbed. They are ready for the story now

He claims he was snubbed from the All-NBA Team, and the All-Defensive Team this season. He says he was snubbed as a member if the USA Olympic Team this season. Now as a replacement of Leonard on the USA Olympic Team. How many times do you think you were snubbed before you must realize that you were not acceptable for any by the selectors.

The good news for him was he receive a nod to the Second All Star NBA team last season and that got him his big contract.

C'mon Jaylen tell us the story now, DON'T WAIT.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
When you can shoot like he can there’s always a spot for you deep on a bench. Poor mans Hauser. Will just come down to his defense.
He is not even half of Hauser. Seen him play in the GLeague plenty and I just don't see it. Not good defensively and what he does on offense is not good enough. Just my opinion.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Jaylen Brown says "one day I'll share my story." I wonder why he must wait?

People are feeling sorry for him for being snubbed. They are ready for the story now

He claims he was snubbed from the All-NBA Team, and the All-Defensive Team this season. He says he was snubbed as a member if the USA Olympic Team this season. Now as a replacement of Leonard on the USA Olympic Team. How many times do you think you were snubbed before you must realize that you were not acceptable for any by the selectors.

The good news for him was he receive a nod to the Second All Star NBA team last season and that got him his big contract.

C'mon Jaylen tell us the story now, DON'T WAIT.
Feeling snubbed and playing with a chip on your shoulder can be a good thing. I don't like his reaction regarding the Olympic team, as I feel it took away from what D White accomplished. Support your teammate rather than making everything about you. White deserves better than that I think. I think it could have been handled better for sure.

Makes me wonder if he will be traded in another year when the tax money gets even higher. For some reason I can see him as a future Houston Rocket.....back with Udoka. I am a big fan of Sengun but trades like that are always difficult.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jaylen feels slighted because Nike took offense to Kyrie spewing out his hate for Jewish people. And Kyrie is his buddy. And Kanye as well.

I don't agree with Nike as a company, especially with all the sweatshops they have overseas.

But that's where it comes from.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Feeling snubbed and playing with a chip on your shoulder can be a good thing. I don't like his reaction regarding the Olympic team, as I feel it took away from what D White accomplished. Support your teammate rather than making everything about you. White deserves better than that I think. I think it could have been handled better for sure.

Makes me wonder if he will be traded in another year when the tax money gets even higher. For some reason I can see him as a future Houston Rocket.....back with Udoka. I am a big fan of Sengun but trades like that are always difficult.
But his comments are not about feeling snubbed and playing with a chip on his shoulder. These are just comments from him because his ego is hurt, because he truly believes that he is the best two way player. He supports his position with his selection to the second team the previous season that got him his big contract. Then he improved his defensive play during the regular and post season and was awarded the MVP of the Eastern Conference Round, rightfully so. After the Championship Round he got the MVP with a 7-4 vote, a mistake in my opinion. He felt this should have given him a spot on the USA Team, it didn't, rightfully so IMO. When a second opportunity came up to be placed on the team because of Leonard's injury, in his opinion, he was snubbed the 3rd or 4th time for recognition. He wasn't even on the list of USA Team players selected, it was White's turn off the player selected list. His ego was brused again. So he keeps making comments with text messages or emojis or saying
"That one day he will tell his story", like why not now? Why wait unless you are trying to figure out a story. It is all bruised ego reactions.

Coaches don't want a player that has a problem shooting 3s, & FGs, has a high TO rate, and always wants the ball so he can try to charge though multiple players. The USA Team doesn't need more stars that need the ball in their hands all the time. Jaylen probably won't be traded unless his ego hurts the Celtics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad