Celtics/NBA Defending Champs STOP, White & Tatum Extended STOP, Team for Sale STOP

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
My first tattoo, 10 days before my 65th b-day☘️💚☘️💚
1720116321906.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Really can’t believe the clippers moves this offseason, both Kevin Porter Jr and Miles Bridges in addition to snagging Josh Primo months ago.

Just a scumbag org and it’s no surprise they’ve never won anything the last 15 years despite having talent

Reactions: Mione134

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sun-Lynx great game going on rn.

I wish I could warm to the Sun a little more but can’t really do it. Seattles reluctantly always been my fav. Didn’t know Minny has 4 of the top 8 3 point percentage leaders in the league this would be an impressive road win.

We really need a team can’t claim to be the top pro sports city and not have a WNBA franchise. That game in the Garden is going to suck to LA without Cameron Brink is probably the worst team in the league.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sun-Lynx great game going on rn.

I wish I could warm to the Sun a little more but can’t really do it. Seattles reluctantly always been my fav. Didn’t know Minny has 4 of the top 8 3 point percentage leaders in the league this would be an impressive road win.

We really need a team can’t claim to be the top pro sports city and not have a WNBA franchise. That game in the Garden is going to suck to LA without Cameron Brink is probably the worst team in the league.
WHO would own a Boston WNBA Team, Brad.... think about it.... nevermind the logistical issues of why the current ownership group owns the G-League team.... it's not allowed under WNBA guidelines and that's why you lost teams in CLE/HOU/SAC.... and why Mohegan Sun owns Connecticut and why the Aces were sold by the Spurs to Mandalay Bay even though T-Mobile Arena was in play for Aces/Fever the same way Gainbridge was replaced for a night by Lucas Oil Stadium when the Sky and Fever played earlier this season.... if the reports are true, that the C's ownership is selling the dual franchises.... which has been publicized the last 7-10 days..... same caveat as to why the Revolution have tried for years to get a Soccer Specific stadium venue.... we already have Foxboro and that's not Boston Metro (never mind the Commonwealth not advertising where Foxboro or Gillette Stadium is for tourists outside of New England, nevermind in the region.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Are draft picks even important in the NBA? They seem like throw ins. But I been out of touch with the league for awhile.
depends with the evolution of the G-League.... the best way to describe it is very similiar to how Boston/Providence operate along w/ the ECHL affiliate.... in terms of philosophy.... then u have the 2 way contracts like what Drew Peterson just signed a few days ago.... much like Quieta and JD Davison and a few others that can be called in short notice.... there definitely not wasted picks and add in the Summer League the last 2 decades

Last edited:
Reactions: Troublesome 85

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Are draft picks even important in the NBA? They seem like throw ins. But I been out of touch with the league for awhile.
With the new luxury tax/apron/whatever rules in play they are important, particularly for a team like the Celtics who really won’t have any other way of adding talent outside of veteran min contracts

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
WHO would own a Boston WNBA Team, Brad.... think about it.... nevermind the logistical issues of why the current ownership group owns the G-League team.... it's not allowed under WNBA guidelines and that's why you lost teams in CLE/HOU/SAC.... and why Mohegan Sun owns Connecticut and why the Aces were sold by the Spurs to Mandalay Bay even though T-Mobile Arena was in play for Aces/Fever the same way Gainbridge was replaced for a night by Lucas Oil Stadium when the Sky and Fever played earlier this season.... if the reports are true, that the C's ownership is selling the dual franchises.... which has been publicized the last 7-10 days..... same caveat as to why the Revolution have tried for years to get a Soccer Specific stadium venue.... we already have Foxboro and that's not Boston Metro (never mind the Commonwealth not advertising where Foxboro or Gillette Stadium is for tourists outside of New England, nevermind in the region.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
depends with the evolution of the G-League.... the best way to describe it is very similiar to how Boston/Providence operate along w/ the ECHL affiliate.... in terms of philosophy.... then u have the 2 way contracts like what Drew Peterson just signed a few days ago.... much like Quieta and JD Davison and a few others that can be called in short notice.... there definitely not wasted picks and add in the Summer League the last 2 decades

This is total nonsense.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
With the new luxury tax/apron/whatever rules in play they are important, particularly for a team like the Celtics who really won’t have any other way of adding talent outside of veteran min contracts
We drafted and gave away Desmond Bane bc late first we’re deemed to be worthless by the good teams (hence drafting late) due to no confidence the pick would be worthy of a guaranteed roster spot.

We’re only scouting these guys now bc as you explain we have no other Avenue to add talent apart from unwanted vet minimum guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad