Celtics/NBA Defending Champs STOP, White & Tatum Extended STOP, Team for Sale STOP

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Not necessarily. Balance closing in 2028 doesnt mean ownership transfers in 2028. Thats just when the final chunk of payment is due, same way you own your house on the closing date but the final payment on the balance is 30 years down the road. And the Wyc remaining as governor of the team until 2028 just means he keeps his say until then like the Cuban deal in Dallas.

I feel like they'd be in violation as soon as the sale agreement is signed anyways
Why do you think they'd be in violation ?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Not necessarily. Balance closing in 2028 doesnt mean ownership transfers in 2028. Thats just when the final chunk of payment is due, same way you own your house on the closing date but the final payment on the balance is 30 years down the road. And the Wyc remaining as governor of the team until 2028 just means he keeps his say until then like the Cuban deal in Dallas.

I feel like they'd be in violation as soon as the sale agreement is signed anyways
If I’ve learned nothing else the past several years, it’s that rich people can tie things up in court for as long as they want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad