Celtics/NBA Defending Champs STOP, White & Tatum Extended STOP, Team for Sale STOP

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wyc going to ruin his stellar reputation in Boston by selling it to some venture capitalist who will tear down the entire team within three years, right? And that would still be better than some Saudi-backed trillionaire.
What if it’s UAE backed trillionaire? Enticed yet???

I’m jk I’m gonna be despondent if this team isn’t sold to some wealthy fan

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
FSG is about to forget all about trying to get an expansion team in Las Vegas, aren't they?

...and of course, if that were to happen, LeBron would literally own the Boston Celtics.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I just hope that the new owner has the means and the willingness to spend. It's not gonna be cheap to keep that championship core together.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
The thing that sucks about ownership selling is it didn't just feel like they were beating the cheap allegations, they were taking a wrecking ball to it. It wasn't that long ago they traded a rotation piece just so they could get out of the small amount of tax they would have had to pay.

If they don't get Cuban'd and kicked out before 2028 at least it seems like they're committed to spending a lot in tax until then but it feels like they're only doing it because they're getting a much bigger payout at the end of it. Also pass on the Celtics playing somewhere else besides the Garden

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta think FSG going to buy

Makes sense

concessions -TV

Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics all married some way using MSNBC & NESN for close to 360 games a year

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Gotta think FSG going to buy

Makes sense

concessions -TV

Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics all married some way using MSNBC & NESN for close to 360 games a year

They would need Lebron to either retire or sell his holdings in FSG. the NBA doesn't allow active players to hold ownership in a team

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yup they got till 2028

Not necessarily. Balance closing in 2028 doesnt mean ownership transfers in 2028. Thats just when the final chunk of payment is due, same way you own your house on the closing date but the final payment on the balance is 30 years down the road. And the Wyc remaining as governor of the team until 2028 just means he keeps his say until then like the Cuban deal in Dallas.

I feel like they'd be in violation as soon as the sale agreement is signed anyways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad