decisions/moves that would make a positive impact

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
We've got 8 D-men with the team. Time to start using them. If Brennan and Weber never get a shot at the lineup, then there is no competition. I'd like to see the D being rotated. Fresh legs and more competition for the spots.

It also baffles me that this team looks rather good so long as the D take the easy way out of the D-zone and our offence get it deep and start from there. Is that really so hard to do like all the effing time? Honest question, I've never played hockey in my life.

Dump. Chase. Hit. Shoot. There's no magic to it.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
#1 - Let Lindy go. It's just time. The message isn't getting through and the guys need a new leader. I'd like to see a player's coach. A real fun type of coach. I say this because I don't feel like they've been having much fun and it could boost their performance.

#2 - Exercise some patience. We have some great young players. Let them play and gain experience. They will in turn improve.

#3 - Try to move Leopold. I don't want to move Regehr because letting him play out his contract is important for our rep league wide. Leolpold is an older guy who hasn't been great whom we could possibly move to make room for Weber or Brennan.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
#1 - Let Lindy go. It's just time. The message isn't getting through and the guys need a new leader. I'd like to see a player's coach. A real fun type of coach. I say this because I don't feel like they've been having much fun and it could boost their performance.

#2 - Exercise some patience. We have some great young players. Let them play and gain experience. They will in turn improve.

#3 - Try to move Leopold. I don't want to move Regehr because letting him play out his contract is important for our rep league wide. Leolpold is an older guy who hasn't been great whom we could possibly move to make room for Weber or Brennan.

I think it depends on how they move him. If they respect his previous clause and ask him if he'd like to play for a serious contender for another kick at the cup; then it wouldn't hurt their rep. Arbitrarily moving him as an expiring asset might be frowned upon.

Stone87

Mar 20, 2005
Rochester
We're 24th in Blocked Shots, 28th in Giveaways, 30th in Faceoffs, and 22nd in PIM.

I would argue that most of these stats are at least 2/3 effort. I hate to say it, but the problem is still the leadership core of the team. We need a Captain and Assistants who are going to get in players faces and make things uncomfortable when they aren't playing their best.

heartsabres*

18811489.jpg

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Im no coach but id like to see Weber dressed, even as a #7 and set him loose on the wing. Get him hitting on the forecheck if nothing else.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
One would think that after 15 years, the last thing a fan who wants Ruff gone can be accused of is lack of patience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad